A MUST win for sure tonight but... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A MUST win for sure tonight but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Unfortunately unlike Bazz, Boat doesn't have much experience to help him in the time of need. And that's not on Boat, it's just a fact. I mean when they start playing out of control as a team now, he doesn't normally become a calming influence or make the right plays either. Heck we're not sure Bazz would have either if left with this team? But they do need him to do that and these kids need him to calm them down. He's fine, just happens dot look up a lot and I guess it was timing but he was out of control, and even get beat down the other end. May have been just a long sequence I don't know but I saw it. It's tough for him I admit, a very frustrating supporting cast.

Reaction Score
I though BRight was really good maybe great. He hit some huge shots got others theirs and looked quicker than he had since the injury. When you play that may minutes and have the ball in you hands as much as he did you are probably going to make a mistake or two. His D may not have been vintage but overall I'll take 18 and 7 with only 2 TOs from our pg every game. Also thought D Hamilton played his best game of the year. He is really quick and is going to be an unbelievable defensive player with more experience and focus. Omar was really good too. I thought it was the best he has looked handling the ball.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately unlike Bazz, Boat doesn't have much experience to help him in the time of need. And that's not on Boat, it's just a fact. I mean when they start playing out of control as a team now, he doesn't normally become a calming influence or make the right plays either. Heck we're not sure Bazz would have either if left with this team? But they do need him to do that and these kids need him to calm them down. He's fine, just happens dot look up a lot and I guess it was timing but he was out of control, and even get beat down the other end. May have been just a long sequence I don't know but I saw it. It's tough for him I admit, a very frustrating supporting cast.

I think Ollie is just letting DH play through his mistakes and crossing his fingers that by mid-February DH will have matured sufficiently to be a consistent threat. If DH can become the legit #2 play maker this year (i.e., in the same way Boat was to Bazz), this team could be interesting come March. If not... well, I'm not sure it really matters how well Boat plays.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
You have to be able to sustain your good play better than we have. You drop 10 1st half 3s are only up 6 at half...why did that happen vs an inferior opponent in a must win game returning to Gampel??

We played noticeably lax on D after thinking our didn't stink with all those treys and they cut into our lead when we had them on the verge of a blowout. We once again let them cut it to 5 points down the stretch. I was never worried we would lose this game but just disappointed we didn't take advantage of the fantastic 3 point shooting. If we didn't shoot it so well, could we have lost this one???

We have been on a roll from deep the last two games going 21-40 from long range and all we have to show for it is a double digit loss to Stanford and an unimpressive home win vs UCF.

A lot of us thought that if we shot it well, especially from the outside, that our team would be a much different and better team for it. Well it doesn't seem to be as simple as that

Reaction Score
You have to be able to sustain your good play better than we have. You drop 10 1st half 3s are only up 6 at half...why did that happen vs an inferior opponent in a must win game returning to Gampel??

We played noticeably lax on D after thinking our didn't stink with all those treys and they cut into our lead when we had them on the verge of a blowout. We once again let them cut it to 5 points down the stretch. I was never worried we would lose this game but just disappointed we didn't take advantage of the fantastic 3 point shooting. If we didn't shoot it so well, could we have lost this one???

We have been on a roll from deep the last two games going 21-40 from long range and all we have to show for it is a double digit loss to Stanford and an unimpressive home win vs UCF.

A lot of us thought that if we shot it well, especially from the outside, that our team would be a much different and better team for it. Well it doesn't seem to be as simple as that

Not at any point in the last 2 games have I seen the defense from anyone that I saw vs Duke, Texas and Florida. This team can ill afford to let down on that end because as soon as they start missing shots they will be done. And they get way too lackadaisical when they get a lead and want to cut the mustard too much because they simply think they can. 40 minutes hasn't made it's way into heir heads Silk I agree.

Reaction Score
They make runs that are impressive and then just like that, they make awful play after awful play. Bad passes, dribbling off legs, horrible shots - they are frustrating as hell. But hey they needed win and got it. Bad news is Ryan had a another bad game as the leader, he needs to turn it around.

Overall, Boat played really well last night. He stepped up to stop lots of mini runs by UCF. He was excellent, other than 2 TO's and a missed layup. Rewatch the game and I'm sure your perception will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom