A much deserved "Thank You" to Tyler Olander | The Boneyard

A much deserved "Thank You" to Tyler Olander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just had to start a thread for TO. For all the flack this kid caught around here over the past few years he was still a part of this program and a Husky for life.

He, like Shabazz & Niels, will leave college with two national championships. He was a starter in the 2011 championship, scoring the first points. Although his playing time diminished this season, he was the consummate teammate. He handled his role with grace, never once speaking out about his lack of playing time, and instead using his knowledge and experience to mentor the kids who had just taken his playing time. He influenced the game yesterday by drawing up a gameplan for KO to take Randle out of the game. He always rooted on his teammates from the sidelines, just as excited as if he were in the game.

Even though he played just sparingly, TO impacted games this year in more ways than minutes on the floor.

TO is essentially like you or I. Anyone who grew up in Connecticut a UConn fan dreamed of donning the Connecticut jersey and representing this state and university. Tyler just lived out every kid in this states dream. And if you saw the tears in his eyes watching the video at the ceremony today, then you would know just how much his four years here meant to him.

Thanks Again TO. You're forever a Husky.

Tyler+Olander+NCAA+Men+Championship+Butler+ZT_WDojWGyxl.jpg

Reaction Score
I like Tyler and thank him for being a good teammate. But I also think he owes a big thank you to the University of Connecticut for giving him a second, and third chance…

Reaction Score
The ultimate team guy, he could have easily transferred somewhere else for more playing time. He did have his moments, he helped prepare our big men to step up in the tourney, who knows he could be a coach someday.

Reaction Score
I never got the sense that TO caught a lot of flack. I think a lot of people were expecting him to develop more, but hey, not everyone does. He was a valuable contributor his freshman year. This year didn't play too much but it was clear even from TV that he was a great great teammate.

Reaction Score
I got a handshake from him yesterday at the party as he was really nice kid. I just wonder if the extra weight he gained actually was detrimental to his game. He had a great freshman year and was decent at times in his sophomore year but even this year when he was used as a bench player he couldn't reproduce his productivity from his freshman year. Sad to see him not develop and maybe regress a little from his freshman year. thanks Tyler for hanging in there though I'm sure it was not the ideal position for him. You will be missed for your enthusiasm on the bench. Good fortune in your future and thanks for bringing home 2 national championships. Nobody can take those away from you!

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He made his mistakes and took his punishment like a man. Virtually everything he did this season proved to me that he put his team ahead of himself. That makes him a keeper as a Husky in my book. Thanks for 4 years,
"Two-Time" TO.

Reaction Score
+1 to all the positive comments. It takes them all to make a team.

Reaction Score
Huge props to TO for helping out any way he could when things weren't going his way. He's an example of how AO should have acted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom