A modest proposal: A downscale alternative for those not going to Atlantis | The Boneyard

A modest proposal: A downscale alternative for those not going to Atlantis

Reaction Score
I've watched with a certain amount of envy as certain BYers talked about taking in the Atlantis tournament this year. I've checked the prices and OMG, it's certainly pricey, isn't it?

So, over the last two years we've missed seeing the Huskies play, just like all of you, and we've looked around for an alternative. And as Thanksgiving gets close, I know there's going to be more talk about that tournament. Atlantis this....Atlantis that... yadda, yadda....

So for those of us on a bit of a budget. I propose the anti-Atlantis, the Atlantis-Alternative, if you will.
I propose,...... (wait for it)....

The Atlanta.

Here's the deal. On December 6, UConn plays Georgia Tech. Tickets cost something less than 10 bucks apiece. They are general admission, so in he sections that are not for season ticket holders, you get there early, you get good seats. I may be wrong, but I believe there still are seats available. Altanta is where every damn airline in the world seems to go, so airfare is not expensive. You can probably fly Turkish Air for next to nothing, for all I know. Hotels are not cheap but, let's face it. They are noting like the Bahamas over Thanksgiving, for which we can all give thanks.

We're using a few air miles to fly from Orlando. We've never actually been to the city of Atlanta, so we're going to spend an extra day doing some touristy stuff before heading on home.

Food for thought, yes?

Reaction Score
I Enjoy the Bahamas. Been to the Atlantis once…..never again. Everything is overpriced (including a $20 Hamburger the size of a Burger King regular burger that was literally frozen in the center). Plenty of very nice alternatives.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Your "modest proposal" is interesting. However , the original "A Modest Proposal : ..." by Jonathan Swift was one of the cleverest things I've ever read. Try it while you are flying to Atlanta. :eek:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I've watched with a certain amount of envy as certain BYers talked about taking in the Atlantis tournament this year. I've checked the prices and OMG, it's certainly pricey, isn't it?
Perhaps Atlantis' prices can be tamed. See how many people would be willing to go to Atlantis if the price were affordable? What is the magic number of people (hotel rooms? airline seats?) to gain negotiating leverage. Contact a travel agent or someone knowledgeable to put together a package deal. Are charters still viable?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'm sure its a typo, but the Game is played Thursday Dec. 9th at 7 PM. I'm thinking about going, but don't know if I want to Fight the Atlanta Traffic when I can watch the game for Free at Home.

So, over the last two years we've missed seeing the Huskies play, just like all of you, and we've looked around for an alternative. And as Thanksgiving gets close, I know there's going to be more talk about that tournament. Atlantis this....Atlantis that... yadda, yadda....

So for those of us on a bit of a budget. I propose the anti-Atlantis, the Atlantis-Alternative, if you will.
I propose,...... (wait for it)....

The Atlanta.

Here's the deal. On December 6, UConn plays Georgia Tech. Tickets cost something less than 10 bucks apiece. They are general admission, so in he sections that are not for season ticket holders, you get there early, you get good seats. I may be wrong, but I believe there still are seats available. Altanta is where every damn airline in the world seems to go, so airfare is not expensive. You can probably fly Turkish Air for next to nothing, for all I know. Hotels are not cheap but, let's face it. They are noting like the Bahamas over Thanksgiving, for which we can all give thanks.

We're using a few air miles to fly from Orlando. We've never actually been to the city of Atlanta, so we're going to spend an extra day doing some touristy stuff before heading on home.

Food for thought, yes?

Reaction Score
Need to make an edit. Some sort of weird dyslexia at work. The game is December 9, not December 6.
Sorry.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom