OT: - A Minor Inconvenience | The Boneyard

OT: A Minor Inconvenience

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I’ve been sitting here tonight in chilly Illinois, watching U. Of Arizona softball. In the fourth inning, a batter hit the ball into the air, and before it could land, the lights went out. All of them. Only the outfield scoreboard was still lit. There was no PA to advise the crowd, though I suspect the fans noticed that they had been plunged into complete darkness and made reasoned guesses as to the cause of this immediate change in their environment.

For reasons of a more technical sort, the live stream of the game continues. Lots of 9-volt batteries, maybe.
I’ve seen a stadium lose a bank of lights before. But I can’t recall ever seeing an entire venue lose all power.

BTW, Arizona 2, Montana 1, 4th.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well you don't see that everyday! I'm curious about where the ball landed. Inside the park home run? (sarcasm) I'm assuming the ump immediately suspended the game until such time as the lights came back on.

Reaction Score
Well you don't see that everyday! I'm curious about where the ball landed. Inside the park home run? (sarcasm) I'm assuming the ump immediately suspended the game until such time as the lights came back on.
Of course not; the lights were out!:D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom