"A man of any integrity also doesn't pledge allegiance if he's leaving in a few days." | The Boneyard

"A man of any integrity also doesn't pledge allegiance if he's leaving in a few days."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Agreed. The dialogue on him, particularly because of the timing of his statement, would completely change the perception of his accomplishments at UConn. The worst case scenario is if he leaves, UConn fails on the next hire, and the team suffers a similar fate as UMass over the next ten years. Right or wrong, you will hear a lot(more than now) how he only won with Calhoun's players. Right or wrong, his perception can turn from hero to villian. To me, it just doesn't seem very KO like. I trust in his loyalty. I do believe that he has every right to make the right decision for him and if OKC is it so be it, but when you bleed blue, when you love a certain place, its more than just about money. KO is UConn, UConn is KO. He is living his opportunity of a lifetime in Storrs. The NBA, teams with multiple superstars, big money contracts.......................they will always present themselves. Unfortunately for the boneyard, with KO probably annually. Anyway, my prediction, my hope is UConn announces later today, a slight raise in annual salary and adds an additional year or two on his deal. KO is UConn.

Reaction Score
Screw that. Ollie is fairly paid.I don't like the look of it, that we have to give KO a raise every time the fanbase gets the vapors.
Well I do a agree to a point but I think we could move up his salary to the 4m range and that would be competitive for a man who has saved the program and won us a Championship. I hope he stays but if he doesn't I think the only option would be to try to get JC for a year or two and look for someone that would stay here for many years and be a great coach. We need the right hire and not a rush if KO leaves. I hope this nightmare is put to rest soon.

Reaction Score
Screw that. Ollie is fairly paid.I don't like the look of it, that we have to give KO a raise every time the fanbase gets the vapors.
totally agree w this

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
djct is right... we need to come to the realization that money is A factor, but not THE factor for Ollie. There's always the chance that someone can make him the proverbial "offer he can't refuse", but he has prioritized other aspects besides money (for now). He seems to genuinely enjoy teaching, helping young men grow in to adults, and representing his alma mater. If down the road his motivations change... well, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. I like to think if money was a real issue, he could have a frank discussion with Warde about it and get it done... like with his contract. But I don't think it is.

Reaction Score
Never thought I'd say this but I agree with Jacobs and it's what I've been telling people. In this case Jacobs is more sane than most of the people on here!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Never thought I'd say this but I agree with Jacobs and it's what I've been telling people. In this case Jacobs is more sane than most of the people on here!
Yeah, when I posted it initially I debated whether to say Jacobs agrees with me, instead of saying I agree with him, as it is exactly what I was preaching all day yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom