A Look Ahead: Paige/Azzi | Page 3 | The Boneyard

A Look Ahead: Paige/Azzi

Reaction Score
Every class coming out of HS now has 3-4. Right now a generation is around 6 months. The media would like to lower it to about 6 weeks because it makes for great clickbait. ;)

Reaction Score
We will see more players sitting for a game than in past short bench seasons. Injuries happen. Players' minutes will vary over the season and game to game. This season's freshmen came into a roster that had 6 total years experience. Next season's freshmen will face a returnee roster with 16 years experience. They'll be way behind, Fudd included. That's been the case more often than not over the last 25 years. With the exception of Fudd next year's freshmen will be role players with few minutes, not because they aren't good but because others are better.
Ducharme is going to push for decent minutes next season, I’m sure her, Edwards, Nika, Griffin, and Ana will all battle it out for the 6th, 7th, and 8th spots in the rotation.

Reaction Score
We will see more players sitting for a game than in past short bench seasons. Injuries happen. Players' minutes will vary over the season and game to game. This season's freshmen came into a roster that had 6 total years experience. Next season's freshmen will face a returnee roster with 16 years experience. They'll be way behind, Fudd included. That's been the case more often than not over the last 25 years. With the exception of Fudd next year's freshmen will be role players with few minutes, not because they aren't good but because others are better.
They'll be way behind, Fudd included.
And how "far behind" was Paige? Folks say that Fudd is coming in as a more accomplished shooter than Slim. With Bueckers on the ball and Azzi firing away, such is the stuff of dreams. "Others are better"? You're kidding. (I agree about the other freshman, however.)

Reaction Score
And how "far behind" was Paige? Folks say that Fudd is coming in as a more accomplished shooter than Slim. With Bueckers on the ball and Azzi firing away, such is the stuff of dreams. "Others are better"? You're kidding. (I agree about the other freshman, however.)
First, I never said "other were better than the Bueckers/Fudd duo. I was talking about the '21 class as a whole with regards to minutes.
Compare Bueckers defensive skills in Dec to now. She was behind but a lot less than Ducharme & Poffenbarger will be because now they have to beat Bueckers, Müle and Williams. And those 3 will be a lot better next fall than Makurat/Williams were this year.

Reaction Score
I won’t be surprised if Fudd comes off the bench, sixth man role, to start the season.

I’ll be absolutely shocked if Azzi hasn’t taken Nika’s starting spot by January.

And what about Evina? Will she come back next year? If she does, I think AE will take her starting spot by January.

November starters: Paige, CW, Ono, Nika, Evina

January starters: Paige, CW, Ono, AE, Azzi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom