A Long Time Till October 15th.... | The Boneyard

A Long Time Till October 15th....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
In John A's blog this morning, Geno said:

“There’s a lot of time between now and October 15th when we start practice so I just want October 15th to come and us be healthy.”

That is a loooong time away - 156 days!! WAAAAHHH! (Must breathe slowly...slowly...must stay calm...)

Reaction Score
The WNBA serves this vital function of getting us to October.

Staring at the NCAA trophy for 5 months does it for me.

APTOPIX_NCAA_Championship_Final_Four_Louisville_UConn_basketball_098f1.jpg

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Yes...but soon it will be summer and "summertime when the living is easy" and "summer days pass like honey dripping from a spoon".
Soon, there will be a nip in the air, the leaves will start to change and it will be time for UConn basketball again!

Reaction Score
Enjoy every day as it comes, as you get older every moment becomes more precious, knowing that you are coming to the end of your journey.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Yes...but soon it will be summer and "summertime when the living is easy" and "summer days pass like honey dripping from a spoon".
Soon, there will be a nip in the air, the leaves will start to change and it will be time for UConn basketball again!

Some of us just get ghastly heat all the way until Oct 15. Oddly that's the date we just begin to cool off (a little)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Enjoy every day as it comes, as you get older every moment becomes more precious, knowing that you are coming to the end of your journey.
dang is that a eulogy

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
While I love UCONN women's basketball, I will never wish away the summer. It never last long enough for me.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
An offseason after a national championship is glorious thing. No nagging disappointment or what ifs. No speculation about the impending parity in WCBB. No, Uconn is on top, and no matter how many stories have been run since Baylor's first NC in 2005, Uconn is still shredding opponents like paper mache through a wood chipper. It's beautiful out, it's a magical time in New England, and meanwhile, the girls are all recuperating, improving, or doing whatever else is required to live up to the inevitable preseason #1 billing. If you miss Uconn, you can go to Mohegan and watch a bunch of former Uconn players, all the while trying not to think about how their new coach is twice as tall as Geno and how weird it is to see Kelly Faris in a Sun uni.

And the season, when it comes, will be great. But it can wait. Bask in #8, the anti-climax that happened along the way to Brittney's and then Skylar's coronations and the whispers that UConn lacked the aura of invincibility it once did. The title is back where it belongs, and we can all sleep more soundly as a result, with images of a possible 39-0 season in 2014 dancing in our respective heads.

Cheers,

Alex

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Thank you, Alex! A refreshing perspective, and a good reminder that to reminisce is beautiful, and dreaming of 2014 is pretty alright as well. You are, in all the right meanings, a truly "wise guy."

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
An offseason after a national championship is glorious thing.

Even more glorious when you return 4 out of 5 starters and an awesome bench! :D

It's beautiful out, it's a magical time in New England

Hmmm - in my short 2 years living in Massachusetts some years ago, I remember this time of year being called Mud Season and it was none too nice. Quite 'gloppy,' even. Maybe this spring is better than most! I much prefer autumn in New England -- my first year in MA, it was truly stunning weather from September all the way to the beginning of December.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Hmmm - in my short 2 years living in Massachusetts some years ago, I remember this time of year being called Mud Season and it was none too nice. Quite 'gloppy,' even. Maybe this spring is better than most! I much prefer autumn in New England -- my first year in MA, it was truly stunning weather from September all the way to the beginning of December.
It's actually been pretty dry this spring. Which is fine with me. Although we have frost warnings tonight....completely ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom