A little Uconn football | The Boneyard

A little Uconn football

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Mora getting us into a P5 conference would cement his place on UConn’s coaching Mt. Rushmore with Calhoun and Geno
Did I read somewhere that Mora has been telling recruits that they're gunning for the ACC in the coming years?

I'm not sure what would change BC's mind to allow us in, though.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Did I read somewhere that Mora has been telling recruits that they're gunning for the ACC in the coming years?

Yes, supposedly. BC has no pull to keep us out if they wanted to. I doubt they’d still want to.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yes, supposedly. BC has no pull to keep us out if they wanted to. I doubt they’d still want to.
It's funny that now BCU has finally had their come to Jesus moment and they realized that sticking the shiv in UConn was the worst thing they ever did to their own athletic department. I heard they're backing us now. Better late than never.

Reaction Score

Clemson, UNC, Miami, etc would tell BC to pound sand if they really wanted us. BC has zero leverage now, they know that their days of collecting that big TV $ check each year are numbered

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Clemson, UNC, Miami, etc would tell BC to pound sand if they really wanted us. BC has zero leverage now, they know that their days of collecting that big TV $ check each year are numbered
UNC wanted us over Louisville, but I get your point.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Just shows what a difference a really good coach can do
UConn has been blessed with so many in the past and Mora adds a national presence with Geno and Jim Penders. With UConn hockey highly ranked, the womens hockey team breaking into the national picture and hopefully the mens Basketball team can win some NCAA games - things are looking great again.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Does it work like that? I thought it worked more like a democracy- every new admission to the conference has to be unanimously voted in. 1 veto and it’s a no go.

I could have that wrong though, it’s been 10 years since I looked deeply into P5 conference realignment.

Reaction Score
Does it work like that? I thought it worked more like a democracy- every new admission to the conference has to be unanimously voted in. 1 veto and it’s a no go.

I could have that wrong though, it’s been 10 years since I looked deeply into P5 conference realignment.
These days the TV networks decide which teams get into a conference. If the network pays more to each school after the addition of a new school, then the conference wants the school to join. If TV money goes down per school, then they don't want the school to join the conference. This is why UConn must bring above average value to a conference to be accepted, which is frustrating because at least 1/3 of P5 teams bring less marginal value than UConn to their conference. Part of that is because TV money barely goes up with redundancy within a state. So conferences that have multiple schools from the same state are diluting TV money a lot. However, conferences have not kicked schools out...atleast not yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom