A little Too Selfish at Times | The Boneyard

A little Too Selfish at Times

Reaction Score
We missed about 5-6 easy basket opportunities because guys choose to go 2 on 1 rather than reward a guy running the floor or an easy 3 kick out. No names here, throwing nineteen year olds under the bus is not my style. This has been a trend I have noticed all season with handful of players, not just today. I love the aggressiveness but the extra pass is one of the things that differentiates the good teams from the bad. Hopefully Hurley is harping on "enjoying the assist as much as the points" as part of the culture change. They fought hard today and we are starting to see some really good things (except wins).

Reaction Score
We missed about 5-6 easy basket opportunities because guys choose to go 2 on 1 rather than reward a guy running the floor or an easy 3 kick out. No names here, throwing nineteen year olds under the bus is not my style. This has been a trend I have noticed all season with handful of players, not just today. I love the aggressiveness but the extra pass is one of the things that differentiates the good teams from the bad. Hopefully Hurley is harping on "enjoying the assist as much as the points" as part of the culture change. They fought hard today and we are starting to see some really good things (except wins).
I've noticed this all season and assumed they are generally trying to get the and 1 and also don't trust their teammate's capabilities to catch and finish. There was one tonight that frustrated me where the layup was missed and Sid was wide open.

Oddly enough Cobb ran a textbook fast break tonight.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was I the only one who thought it was a little strange they stopped the game? You see play continue as guys writhe in pain under the basket. Thought it was weird.
Agreed, was odd. Typically it’s play on until a stoppage or the team of the affected player gets the ball. Not sure on the official rules, though.

Edit: I found the rule:
Note: When a player is injured as in Art. 2(a), the official may suspend play after the ball is dead or is in control of the injured player’s team or when the opponents complete a play. A play is completed when a team loses control (including throwing for goal) or withholds the ball from play by ceasing to attempt to score or advance the ball to a scoring position. When necessary to protect an injured player, the official may immediately suspend play.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have noticed tarin smith has a bad habit of this, which is surprising as a senior...Wilson was the worst at this initially until he started getting more minutes.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
There was a stretch where Steve Nash would hit Marcin Gortat in the face on a pick n roll every game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I've noticed this all season and assumed they are generally trying to get the and 1 and also don't trust their teammate's capabilities to catch and finish. There was one tonight that frustrated me where the layup was missed and Sid was wide open.

Oddly enough Cobb ran a textbook fast break tonight.

Yep. Forget which player, but they got in the lane and as they were slicing through two defenders Sid was coming along right baseline for an easy dish and dunk.

Reaction Score
Yep. Forget which player, but they got in the lane and as they were slicing through two defenders Sid was coming along right baseline for an easy dish and dunk.
TS. I tried to honor the OP's desire not to name names. It was at a critical moment too. Really hurt us.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Usually they don't stop play if the ball if going the other way. But when the guy is on the floor in the middle of a cluster of moving bodies, they are more likely to stop the action to protect the guy who is down.

Reaction Score
Yup that was TS. Critical point too as we were coming back.
But, I must say, I don’t believe it’s a case where he intentionally does this. I think he just has horrible court vision.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Would rather see them be selfish and get up a bad shot than turnover the ball and get no shot at all.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Would rather see them be selfish and get up a bad shot than turnover the ball and get no shot at all.
Pessimistic. Those aren’t the only two options, let alone the “good basketball” ones.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom