A little something to get you jacked up thanks to Matt King | The Boneyard

A little something to get you jacked up thanks to Matt King

Reaction Score
Easy. Back in the day, I did that weight and more, yet no one confused me for a quality running back. I would have been a terrible running back, not even a discussion. Point is, he needs to have more of the T. Cauley, Donald Brown, J Todman in him. The 315 is just a small ingredient that makes up running back.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Easy. Back in the day, I did that weight and more, yet no one confused me for a quality running back. I would have been a terrible running back, not even a discussion. Point is, he needs to have more of the T. Cauley, Donald Brown, J Todman in him. The 315 is just a small ingredient that makes up running back.

He rushed for 1000 yards last year on an awful team who was always playing from being down by multiple touchdowns. He’s solid

Reaction Score
He had a terrific year last season. Hopefully he can build on it

Reaction Score
No doubt the run game will be a strength. Should have an above average run blocking line and Mensah and Thompkins should be a great tandem. I just hope it isn’t wasted, just need a qb who can manage a game and hit open receivers. The offense will often see 8 men boxes so there will be opportunities for the passing game.

Reaction Score
Combine that depth with an experienced offensive line and they could be pretty damn good. That defense will need them to chew up as much clock as they possibly can.
Or the offense can outscore opponents.

Reaction Score
To my eye Mensah is as good a back as we've had since Todman. Not nearly as fast as Todman, but he's solid and if he can catch the ball out of the backfield that will be a big help with a young QB.

Of course, if our defense can't stop anyone what difference does it make? But that's a different matter.........I guess.........

Reaction Score
He rushed for 1000 yards last year on an awful team who was always playing from being down by multiple touchdowns. He’s solid
Not to put tooo fine a point on it. But he owes the offensive line most of the credit. He didn't break many tackles or make many miss. He needs to create yards after contact. Hopefully, if he's stronger he doesn't go down as easy.

He is more like McCombs than Todman.

Reaction Score
Not to put tooo fine a point on it. But he owes the offensive line most of the credit. He didn't break many tackles or make many miss. He needs to create yards after contact. Hopefully, if he's stronger he doesn't go down as easy.

He is more like McCombs than Todman.

Mensah isn’t a back who is going to create yards after contact. He is an excellent one cut and go runner. We don’t need him to be anything else.

I don’t think he is like Todman or McCombs (he is way better than McCombs)

Reaction Score
You forgot to mention that since his butt comes off the bench, none of the reps count

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom