A little levity - best quote of the night by Geno (IMHO) | The Boneyard

A little levity - best quote of the night by Geno (IMHO)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Q: Alexa - Which teammate called them out for how they looked - their lack of confidence (in that last huddle referenced in his previous answer)?

Geno: Anna!!

Alexa: Anna Makurat????? (seriously - she was incredulous in her tone of voice - it went up about an octave LOL).

Geno: Yeah!!! And she did it in English. I didn't even know she knew what to say!! I turned around and look at them - "Even she knows it! I'm not making this up - look even she says it"

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Anna's smile after hitting the three in the previous game was priceless. Her whole face lit up. And I think that illustrates one of the differences for UConn teams. There is a joy in playing. We are so fortunate to have these young ladies to root for!

Reaction Score
Anna's smile after hitting the three in the previous game was priceless. Her whole face lit up. And I think that illustrates one of the differences for UConn teams. There is a joy in playing. We are so fortunate to have these young ladies to root for!
Totally. I think it is more than that though. It's not just the joy in playing, it's the joy of being with each other and being on this team. The isolation, the trials and tribulations together, the togetherness, it's all created great chemistry and I think love for each other. That's what you are seeing. Did you ever see Geno react like that when he came back into the huddle after the game after meeting with Mulkey? They rubbed off on him too. I don't know about you, but I feel closer as a fan to this team than I have felt in years and years.

Reaction Score
Totally. I think it is more than that though. It's not just the joy in playing, it's the joy of being with each other and being on this team. The isolation, the trials and tribulations together, the togetherness, it's all created great chemistry and I think love for each other. That's what you are seeing. Did you ever see Geno react like that when he came back into the huddle after the game after meeting with Mulkey? They rubbed off on him too. I don't know about you, but I feel closer as a fan to this team than I have felt in years and years.

Great observations. Well said.

So well said.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I just LOVED Geno's scream with the team at the end. He's commented many a time this season on how he's had to change/adjust/accept things with this roster. Wondering if the significant youth made it easier for him to relate to the team, whereas when you have players balanced in each grade, you have to more broadly communicate over a larger experience base, rather than have more focus on a majority of youngsters.

Man, this made sense in my head but I'm gonna press the post button anyway. Imagine how crazy we'd all be if it was the 9 pm game last night.

Reaction Score
Q: Alexa - Which teammate called them out for how they looked - their lack of confidence (in that last huddle referenced in his previous answer)?

Geno: Anna!!

Alexa: Anna Makurat????? (seriously - she was incredulous in her tone of voice - it went up about an octave LOL).

Geno: Yeah!!! And she did it in English. I didn't even know she knew what to say!! I turned around and look at them - "Even she knows it! I'm not making this up - look even she says it"
This is so wholesome. Above being great players, our team is filled with great people.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Anna's comment, at a time when most on the bench are frozen in silence, is just another example of the unique character of this team. Transparency, loyalty, sincerity, honesty are just as important to this team as baskets, rebounds, and assists.

Reaction Score
I just LOVED Geno's scream with the team at the end. He's commented many a time this season on how he's had to change/adjust/accept things with this roster. Wondering if the significant youth made it easier for him to relate to the team, whereas when you have players balanced in each grade, you have to more broadly communicate over a larger experience base, rather than have more focus on a majority of youngsters.

Man, this made sense in my head but I'm gonna press the post button anyway. Imagine how crazy we'd all be if it was the 9 pm game last night.
Very good point about the youth on the team and Geno. As to the game itself, even as it was, I didn't get to bed until !2:30. I was too wound up like a little kid who just went to Disney.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom