A little hope for CV | The Boneyard

A little hope for CV

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I wonder if he would actually return?

Reaction Score
It might if you don't understand what the term participation trophy means.
I do and I’m right let them play another year cause the tourney got canceled life goes on move on

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Then they would have to expand scholarships. Def not happening.
I guess they could make it a hardship basis and still keep the cap is. That would still be problematic though. I agree with you it’s not going to happen.

Reaction Score
There is a better chance of the Easter Bunny delivering Christmas presents than this happening.
A month ago you would have said the same thing about March Madness shutting down, NBA shutting down, MLB shutting down, NHL shutting down. Heck a couple nights ago you probably would've said the same thing.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Then you'd have incoming freshmen who made recruiting choices based on potential playing time, which is estimated in part on seniors leaving. I expect there would be some who would make noise about now wanting to go elsewhere, and they would have a legit gripe. Sounds like a mess the NCAA won't want to me.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
We literally don’t have the available scholarship, correct?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
That will never happen. Ever. The NCAA charade is its about academics and scholarships. That’s player “ payment” . CV got four years of college. NCAA goes away from that there is a huge legal can of worms opened.

Reaction Score
We literally don’t have the available scholarship, correct?
They'd have to essentially allow schools to expand the number of scholarship players to make it work. It might also force difficult conversations because kids sign on expecting people to be gone, etc.

I'm not necessarily opposed to it or anything, but there's a lot to think about before they did it.

Reaction Score
A month ago you would have said the same thing about March Madness shutting down, NBA shutting down, MLB shutting down, NHL shutting down. Heck a couple nights ago you probably would've said the same thing.

I don't think there is any real chance that Seniors will be given an additional season, especially after playing 30 plus games this season. That's just my opinion. Spring sports are a whole different discussion. I would advocate them getting another season.

The interesting twist would be if Vital was able to return and ultimately break the UConn all time scoring record.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom