A Little Courtney Williams Tease From the Sun | The Boneyard

A Little Courtney Williams Tease From the Sun

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Courtney is now learning "basketball", not "plays". I hear this from other players new to the W. No wonder GMs and coaches love UConn players... "Pro-Ready". For her size, Courtney is a bit of an athletic freak... a very quick and high jumper with great instincts for the ball. Her hustle and energy made her popular with the fans from her first appearance. Her teammates love her and she's happy here... 'nuff said.

Courtney Williams Ready, Eager for Next Step - Connecticut Sun

LET'S GO
2600-png.21937

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Courtney is a flat-out baller and a gamer.

I remember when I first saw her play as a sophomore at USF, I was struck by her athleticism and pull-up ability, which is somewhat a rarity in the college game. Kid's got potential, I thought. But I never imagined she'd be a first-round draft pick. She has really put in the work and relentlessly raised her level.

Reaction Score
Courtney is a flat-out baller and a gamer.

I remember when I first saw her play as a sophomore at USF, I was struck by her athleticism and pull-up ability, which is somewhat a rarity in the college game. Kid's got potential, I thought. But I never imagined she'd be a first-round draft pick. She has really put in the work and relentlessly raised her level.

The game I saw her play against Maryland in her junior year kind of left me in awe of both her and Shatorie Walker-Kimbrough. She relentlessly drove to the basket and got triple teamed every time by the Md. defenders.

Shatorie was dazzling with her drives to the bucket.

Truly a game I wish I had DVRed.

2 of the most gifted women athletes in college sports in the years they played together.

Jen Hamson and Courtney on the same team = WINNER!

Reaction Score
Great read, and Courtney sure is awesome! I was lucky enough to see her play from court side seats in Storrs during the Huskies 2016 season finale against USF, and she sure did make an impression. She was unstoppable during the first half of that game, and I became an instant fan.

Then she was drafted by Phoenix, and in May of 2016. I was at Talking Stick Arena for their first game against Seattle, a close, gritty game that Seattle won by something like two points. Well Courtney did not see a single second of playing time during that game. I was disappointed and mystified.

So it goes without saying that I was delighted when Courtney was traded to the Sun. There was an early interview of her done by one of the Sun broadcast team, and I was struck by just how polite, humble and well spoken this young lady is. She went on to get some good playing time and do very well for herself as a rookie. If she can get just her defense to the next level, I think she could become one of the marquee players of the team. And I'll be cheering her on every step of the way!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom