A Little Blurb on Butler in the WNBA | The Boneyard

A Little Blurb on Butler in the WNBA

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I hope Butler makes the roster cut. There is an abundance of talent in this year's pool of WNBA players. It's going to be very difficult for non-starters to make their team's roster. I mentioned in another thread recently that between now and the final cut-down date of May 17, we will see some notable names (veterans) on the waiver wire.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Even if she doesn't make the cut, if she plays well she will draw attention from European teams where the real money is.

In fact, I predict that's what will happen. I'm sure she can make a fine living for herself and then pursue her chosen field that she earned her Masters in.

She'll do fine.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
In her 2 preseason games, if nothing else, she has shown (small sample size of course) that she can be a strong rebounding force at this level . Averaging only 5 mpg, she has 2 offensive rebounds per game and 1.5 defensive rebounds per game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There will be some players who don’t make this week’s cut, but are called back if someone else is injured or performs worse than expected. Lindsay Allen was one last year. Nat could be one this year. She clearly can play in Europe.

I was chatting with Eric last night and thinking aloud: Could Nat have given us 5-10 good minutes against ND to stop the offensive rebounding or dribble penetration? In a game that close, one or two big plays can make s difference.

Reaction Score
I hope Butler makes the roster cut. There is an abundance of talent in this year's pool of WNBA players. It's going to be very difficult for non-starters to make their team's roster. I mentioned in another thread recently that between now and the final cut-down date of May 17, we will see some notable names (veterans) on the waiver wire.
Curt Miller on the Sun's podcast said he and other coaches have been talking about the feasibility of having two more teams in the league with players who could play in the league. That's how many capable players are getting cut this year.

Reaction Score
Butler was waived today.
I've been waiting for the shoe to drop. She wasn't getting much time in the games and that was a bad sign. She also had several turnovers in her short time. But she should be able to make some money overseas and maybe if she works on a few things, she'll get another chance. I still love her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom