A late pregame premonition | The Boneyard

A late pregame premonition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Came to me that some time this year (probably sometimeS), Chong is going to light it up....maybe
something like 5 of 7 on threes. Think so? And, tonight maybe the first of such displays?

Reaction Score
Has Chong even been in yet? I might have missed her (when I went to post my FB status update and then check on the Boneyard).

Reaction Score
Saniya looked nervous. Geno waited too long to put her in, not sure why. UConn is going to need her. You can't play with just three guards, almost two with Bria in foul trouble.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Saniya looked nervous. Geno waited too long to put her in, not sure why. UConn is going to need her. You can't play with just three guards, almost two with Bria in foul trouble.

Yeah, if you do that you might only win by 22.

We haven't learned yet that Geno knows how to bring his kids along?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Kelly Faris played 2 minutes in the game at Cameron when she was a freshman.

Having said that, CD did say on the post-game show that they maybe should have put Saniya in the game in the first half.

Reaction Score
Came to me that some time this year (probably sometimeS), Chong is going to light it up....maybe
something like 5 of 7 on threes. Think so? And, tonight maybe the first of such displays?
And, then, you woke up..

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think that was KML in your premonition. ;)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Not so much.

Reaction Score
Nope. Not tonight. She's saving it for the NCAA tournament.[/quot

SAM: Very good PRE-game call. And I hope you're correct re the playoffs. Kinda hard for her to do much tacked to the bench tonight. Looks like we both think she has some big nights ahead, if she's on the court. (Never did like those damn premonitions anyway. :eek:)

Reaction Score
Has Chong even been in yet? I might have missed her (when I went to post my FB status update and then check on the Boneyard).

SARG: nope, don't think you missed much of her. I bet she didn't work hard in practice :rolleyes: :confused:

Reaction Score

CHRIS: Thought that Bria's foul trouble was the least of her troubles tonight. I think she is having a fine season....and, for the first time in her four years, tonight before the game, when I was having my premonitions, I was thinking that I was kinda sorry she was graduating. But tonight she seemed like the usual Hartley to me.......dribbling too much, shooting too much, forcing too much, a matador on defense, and not passing enough......most of which she had gotten away from this year so far.

Reaction Score
Yeah, if you do that you might only win by 22.

DD: I don't share your perception that CHRIS was nailing Coach here......just didn't agree with him on this particular point. BuT only CHRIS knows. (By the way, that 22 point margin was the second lowest vs. Duke in this stretch, despite the career three performance by Lewis. )

Reaction Score
Kelly Faris played 2 minutes in the game at Cameron when she was a freshman.

Having said that, CD did say on the post-game show that they maybe should have put Saniya in the game in the first half.

UCAT; VERY interesting to me....so seems like Coach had a plan going in. Certainly he usually has a very detailed and excellent one.

Odd in that he didn't seem reluctant to throw her into the fire earlier on......and I doubt that any of us will ever forget that bit of tape where he tells her at the end of practice to make a three.....and she doesnt' get what he is saying....and he repeats....and she nails it with the rest of the squad looking on. That was pressure.

Do you recall how early in Faris' season it was when we played Duke? I don't have any idea. In any event, obviously I go with CD on this one.

Reaction Score
And, then, you woke up..

HERB: good shot, Cowboy. But , nah, I just hadn't gotten to my Manhattans yet. Great for clearing the mind. (Before i put the thread up, had been thinking about the fabulous list of guards Coach has assembled for NEXT year, one by one, and when I got to Chong, it came to me that she was gonna have some hot games this year....hopefully tonight]......)

Reaction Score
I think that was KML in your premonition. ;)

MEYERS: It was. It was !! Finally you got one right.............and, damn, they don't even look that much alike. YOU look a little more like Lewis than Chong does. (Where would you be without a straight man??)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
ICE: am guessing this is a POST game post. And not totally sure what it means specifically anyway. But I do know you like piles.
Yes, it was. But it was never going to happen with the need to reengage the others coming back from injuries.

Reaction Score
Yes, it was. But it was never going to happen with the need to reengage the others coming back from injuries.

ICE: good poin there.......(.though I don't think there was any huge rush to reengage them at the EXPENSE of the rotation that had been working so productively) . And, from what another poster said re his history with Faris, you also have the weight of history behind your position. But I don't think I'd have altered the rotation so dramatically right off the bat. The outcome was sure good, though....and the bottom line is that my premonition was WAY off, at least re last night....hopefully not for what Chong will do as the year unfolds.

Reaction Score
It happens.

Eh, I can play either. :cool:

MEYER: Yup, I'v enoticed. You're god! OOOPPS....now that was definitely a typo (I make many),....supposed to say "You're GOOD!"

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
MEYER: Yup, I'v enoticed. You're god! OOOPPS....now that was definitely a typo (I make many),....supposed to say "You're GOOD!"
Eh, I can play either. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc