A heads up: UCONN's BEST OF BEST coming on TV pronto | The Boneyard

A heads up: UCONN's BEST OF BEST coming on TV pronto

Reaction Score
1. At 9:30 tomorrow (Wed) night, SNY will present a program on the TOP TEN games of the UCONN women.
Seems like this is a brand new show??

2. Speaking of the best, for those of you who still have some memory in your memory bank, which few games of the season thus far would you be most eager to view again, and why? And, same question for prior seasons.

Reaction Score
When asked question #2, of recent vintage, I would say 2015 South Carolina and Texas, 2016 Miss St., Lou's 10 for 10 USF game last year, because those games were about as close to perfect games as it gets.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Speaking of the best, for those of you who still have some memory in your memory bank, which few games of the season thus far would you be most eager to view again, and why? And, same question for prior seasons.

Texas and Notre Dame -- Games worth watching because the players had to "gut it out" in order to win. Same types of past games. But not last years loss to Miss St.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
I''ll take ND (last season). I was in attendance along with about 12 other UCONN fans. lol
Met Kelly Faris! (bonus)
Loved hearing all the noise 9,000 ND fans made after the game. (there wasn't any)
Also, SC for win number 100 in a row! I could put that game on a loop and be happy!
#BIGGAMEGABBY

Reaction Score
Interesting to get your thoughts on this. Am planning to delete some of my way- too-many recordings of UCONN games. Will be sure to hang on to these that you've recommended thus far, and it is helpful to get your thoughts on the "why" portion of question. Will hope for some more guidance.
Getting the impression that SNY Top Ten show is not new after all- ?

Reaction Score
Interesting to get your thoughts on this. Am planning to delete some of my way- too-many recordings of UCONN games. Will be sure to hang on to these that you've recommended thus far, and it is helpful to get your thoughts on the "why" portion of question. Will hope for some more guidance.
Getting the impression that SNY Top Ten show is not new after all- ?

NOW I HAVE THE IMPRESSION THAT IT IS A NEW SHOW - AND A VERY INTERESTING ONE AT THAT. ( :

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
For those who missed it like me, it re-airs at 4PM Friday 2/9 on SNY. :)

Reaction Score
I recorded it last night but SNY screwed up and skipped over #7 and #6 in their broadcast (amateur hour). I'm re-recording tomorrow and will post shortly thereafter.

Reaction Score
I recorded it last night but SNY screwed up and skipped over #7 and #6 in their broadcast (amateur hour). I'm re-recording tomorrow and will post shortly thereafter.

SS: This might not be in exact order, but starting from #10 on up to #1 the list includes these ten, I believe:

BASCOM, JEFFERSON, SALES, RIZZOTTI, LOBO, CHARLES, BIRD, MOORE, STEWART, TAURASI.
Anyone please correct order and spelling of names. DO recommend that you all try to see the show as there are a LOT of interesting comments on every player, including reactions from Geno. Much fodder for discussion - who didn't make the list, etc.

Reaction Score
SS: This might not be in exact order, but starting from #10 on up to #1 the list includes these ten, I believe:

BASCOM, JEFFERSON, SALES, RIZZOTTI, LOBO, CHARLES, BIRD, MOORE, STEWART, TAURASI.
Anyone please correct order and spelling of names. DO recommend that you all try to see the show as there are a LOT of interesting comments on every player, including reactions from Geno. Much fodder for discussion - who didn't make the list, etc.

Switch Jefferson with Bascom & switch Lobo with Charles. I believe that was the order. I felt bad for how they kind of railed on Jefferson a bit and to open the program no less.

Reaction Score

My recollection is that order was as follows:

10. Moriah Jefferson
9. Kerry Bascom
8. Nykesha Sales
7. Jen Rizzotti
6. Tina Charles
5. Rebecca Lobo
4. Sue Bird
3. Maya Moore
2. Breanna Stewart
1. Diana Taurasi

I believe others have written in different threads their objections to the numbering and inclusion of certain individuals on the list. Of course, listing the 10 best UConn women basketball players in chronological order is a very difficult and inherently subjective exercise. From his reactions during the program (the broadcast I saw eliminated his reaction to Tina Charles being listed as no. 6), I did not get the sense that Geno Auriemma objected to any individual's inclusion or specific ranking. In my view, however, if the "10 best UConn women basketball players" is reserved to measuring the play and importance of individual players solely during their time at UConn, I believe Tina Charles should be higher than no. 6. In addition, I think awarding 3 of the top 10 spots to members of the first national championship team may be 1 spot too many. Last, although I believe Geno agrees that Diana Taurasi should be no. 1, I was struck more as a fan by Maya Moore and Breanna Stewart in terms of their impact and spectacle of play while at UConn. I recognize this last observation in particular may draw strong negative reaction. But then again it's only my opinion and certainly not a fact.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Of all the clips, the Mo Jeff clips were the most exciting to me. Boy do I miss her slashing on offense and defense. Also, I agree, it was incredible how the talking heads denigrated her. Also it must have been a tough gig for Kara, AA, NPOY to do the show when she wasn't included. But they already had 3 members of the 95 team.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Switch Jefferson with Bascom & switch Lobo with Charles. I believe that was the order. I felt bad for how they kind of railed on Jefferson a bit and to open the program no less.
Mainly Megan. She has said before that she thought DT was the best of all, as has many others. To say that Jefferson had a good supporting casts but not mention that same supporting casts about Stewart, was not fair to me. If she did not believe Jefferson did not belong, that's fine, but don't give a weak excuse for it when some of the others selected also had good supporting casts. There were some outstanding players who had good supporting casts and were not selected.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It is on again at 4 ET. After the replay of that ugly UCF affair.

Reaction Score
Storrs South, I have never seen your boneyard profile before. I'm so grateful for your highlight clips for all of the games. I know it would be a hassle, and I'm sure that you're busy. But could you make highlight videos for specific players when the season is over? If you YouTube any of the players you can hardly find recent videos of them individually. Sometimes I feel like watching KLS or NC just playing incredible. Even if you can't, I appreciate the work you do.

Reaction Score
Storrs South, I have never seen your boneyard profile before. I'm so grateful for your highlight clips for all of the games. I know it would be a hassle, and I'm sure that you're busy. But could you make highlight videos for specific players when the season is over? If you YouTube any of the players you can hardly find recent videos of them individually. Sometimes I feel like watching KLS or NC just playing incredible. Even if you can't, I appreciate the work you do.

I can, however, I don't want to step on anyone's toes and you may have noticed that @tcf15 has done these for a couple players already (example Maya Moore's freshman recently).

I'll make a mental note, but during the summer I can likely get to this. If you don't see anything by August feel free to message me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom