A handful of random thoughts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A handful of random thoughts

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
The lots seem to get worse as the crowds get smaller - it makes no sense.

We got outright harassed trying to park where we wanted at 1:55. The guy tried to make us move into an L, when our whole plan was to go 3 wide. Ridiculous.

I would also love to know why turning left on Silver Ln from the East Gate is dead now. I now have to go on that local road in a big triangle to get back on Silver Ln. Insanity.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
1. How they can't pick a traffic pattern and keep it for multiple seasons is crazy. Total amateur hour in the lots.

2. They post pictures of the new concession places - I walked up to the new popcorn stand - my wife asked for a Blue Moon - the guy's answer was 'we don't know what is coming out of the taps, but I don't think it's Blue Moon'.

3. Do they not do a dry run of the PA/audio/pregame etc? I didn't know music could actually skip in 2018.

4. Edsall punting down 14-0 with fourth and short was a disgrace. Come on Randy - you only stopped them when they decided to be yellow on their third drive. You aren't going to pin them and take the ball back - let's be real.

5. Pindell was pretty impressive. Buss was good before his lol fumble. Tyler Davis when he isn't committing dumb penalties is pretty productive.

6. The crowd was bigger and more engaged than I expected. One of the best weather nights in Rent history. Crowd stayed until the backbreaker INT.

7. Bring back Joe D. Crispino is a pro and all but listening to the post game until their sad signal couldn't handle a hill in Glastonbury, he has the energy of a Knick/Bobcat February pre-game on MSG.

8. Dig in. It's going to be a long season, but it might be @TouchdownHusky 's wet dream. 100 is in play a bunch of weeks.

9. Lot of red in the uniform. Is that necessary?

10. The hype about the pre-game entry? Which part was supposed to be the big deal? Dog on a leash or sparklers?

11. At least they have 2 extra days to prepare for Boise. Line.... 31 or so? Yikes.

12. #savejimmy

I'm still laughing about the "music skipping in 2018" comment! Had the same thought.

Just to pile on, can the announcer and stadium crew show some sense for once in their lives and NOT have a "minute of mayhem" literally 30 seconds after the opposing team just scored a touchdown?!? Hey, I like a free tee-shirt as much as the next guy, but.....seriously, folks....I mean seriously...

Reaction Score
The lots seem to get worse as the crowds get smaller - it makes no sense.

We got outright harassed trying to park where we wanted at 1:55. The guy tried to make us move into an L, when our whole plan was to go 3 wide. Ridiculous.

I would also love to know why turning left on Silver Ln from the East Gate is dead now. I now have to go on that local road in a big triangle to get back on Silver Ln. Insanity.

That's UConn trying to make your gameday experience more miserable each and every year.

As far as traffic goes, they need to utilize the Brewer street exit from the Rent. At least that would put traffic on to route 2. I've been saying this for years. You just can't have the exit on to Silver La

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm still laughing about the "music skipping in 2018" comment! Had the same thought.

Just to pile on, can the announcer and stadium crew show some sense for once in their lives and NOT have a "minute of mayhem" literally 30 seconds after the opposing team just scored a touchdown?!? Hey, I like a free tee-shirt as much as the next guy, but.....seriously, folks....I mean seriously...

I mocked the minute of mayhem in the game thread. Old people sitting quietly.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You just have to shake your head at the parking. I used to park in the red lot, where when you would head away from the stadium and park on the right. The last year I had tickets they made you cross the runway, loop around to the far back corner on the left, all while the road went over multiple pedestrian crossings, only to drive all the way back end of the lot and drive up.

Mind you there were about 10,000 people attending these games and they still wouldn't let us park side by side, but rather front to back so we had a hard time getting our grill and chairs out.

It's not a massive issue, but just gives a further reason to avoid the place.

Reaction Score
Everyone is upset with Crocker and a very young defense that failed against an offense that lead the nation in scoring last year....but I’m more concerned with an experienced offense that only scored 17 points against an unproven UCF defense. Going in I expected to lose and give up a ton of points, but I was hoping to see a final in the range of 49-27 or 56-31.

Turnovers.

Reaction Score
the parking situation has always been a problem at that facility and it extends to other events like soccer and concerts. LAZ is a shytshow of a company, how they STILL don't have a formalized policy/procedures for getting cars efficiently in and out is a complete indictment of how that company (mis)operates.

Reaction Score
Pindell goes 27/41 266 yds, 1TD, 1INT + 22/157 1TD on the ground in game 1 vs top-25 team (seriously what are we ranked, 110?) and people are already wanting the backup!?!? Its probably top-5 in UConn QB performances of the past 6 years. He looked poised and confident, and played within his limitations. Total 180 from last year's home opener vs Holy Cross.

He would've had another 50 yds rushing on the TD scamper if not for Hergy's holding penalty in the middle of the field. Did anyone get a better look at that penalty, was it legit?

Reaction Score
Pindell goes 27/41 266 yds, 1TD, 1INT + 22/157 1TD on the ground in game 1 vs top-25 team (seriously what are we ranked, 110?) and people are already wanting the backup!?!? Its probably top-5 in UConn QB performances of the past 6 years. He looked poised and confident, and played within his limitations. Total 180 from last year's home opener vs Holy Cross.

He would've had another 50 yds rushing on the TD scamper if not for Hergy's holding penalty in the middle of the field. Did anyone get a better look at that penalty, was it legit?

Yes it was a hold.

I dismiss those people calling for him to be replaced as being too dumb to post about football.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They had time to play a 2-second clip before UCF snapped the ball and got the first down . . .

That actually made me laugh out loud.

Reaction Score
  • As Dan O noted during the telecast Pindell deserved to be on the field with the athletes of UCF. He didn't include any other UConn player in that statement. Speaks volumes about where the roster still is regarding athletes. He's great on his feet but throwing is going to be shaky.
  • Pindell was clearly the best player for us last night. if I had to give out a second place ribbon I think i'd have to go with Dixon. Consistently got us good field position and showed speed.
  • Zavier Scott became very unsure of himself after the fumble. he does have good hands though, so break out the newsome playbook and see where he can operate in there
  • Mensah just doesn't have burst. He kind of plods his runs and doesn't necessarily have the size to break tackles. would love to know what his yards after contact were last night. had to be low.
  • Buss is a solid possession guy. I'm fine with him running short outs. has speed just needs to protect the ball.
  • Morriseau is not ready
  • Crocker needed to protect Keyshawn Paul. That kid may never be the same after last night. was almost beyond baptism by fire.
  • D-Line slow and weak. Get Fines off this squad or take away the 69 jersey. he doesn't deserve to wear that number. only reserved for big boy goons which he is not. Linebackers undersized. Thought Kevon has a little mean streak to him but he was so green. he'll get better but still undersized. Sterling was absolutely gassed - not game conditioned yet.
  • Fortt played better as the game went on
  • Herring-Wilson held his own from what I saw
The Jay Rose DE experiment needs to happen. There is ZERO speed on the edges. As far as I saw he was only on kick returns other than garbage time. He's one of the better athletes on the team and if you're going to roll with Davis and McLean at TE then convert Rose. He couldn't be worse than what I saw at DE last night.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
the parking situation has always been a problem at that facility and it extends to other events like soccer and concerts. LAZ is a shytshow of a company, how they STILL don't have a formalized policy/procedures for getting cars efficiently in and out is a complete indictment of how that company (mis)operates.

This has no basis in fact, but I’ve always imagined that LAZ parking is just a giant money laundering front for the mafia. They control literally every parking lot...I went to trivia night at wood n tap and they even controlled parking there. Only way you get that much business while providing such awful service is by literally beating the competitors mafioso style

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
  • As Dan O noted during the telecast Pindell deserved to be on the field with the athletes of UCF. He didn't include any other UConn player in that statement. Speaks volumes about where the roster still is regarding athletes. He's great on his feet but throwing is going to be shaky.
  • Pindell was clearly the best player for us last night. if I had to give out a second place ribbon I think i'd have to go with Dixon. Consistently got us good field position and showed speed.
  • Zavier Scott became very unsure of himself after the fumble. he does have good hands though, so break out the newsome playbook and see where he can operate in there
  • Mensah just doesn't have burst. He kind of plods his runs and doesn't necessarily have the size to break tackles. would love to know what his yards after contact were last night. had to be low.
  • Buss is a solid possession guy. I'm fine with him running short outs. has speed just needs to protect the ball.
  • Morriseau is not ready
  • Crocker needed to protect Keyshawn Paul. That kid may never be the same after last night. was almost beyond baptism by fire.
  • D-Line slow and weak. Get Fines off this squad or take away the 69 jersey. he doesn't deserve to wear that number. only reserved for big boy goons which he is not. Linebackers undersized. Thought Kevon has a little mean streak to him but he was so green. he'll get better but still undersized. Sterling was absolutely gassed - not game conditioned yet.
  • Fortt played better as the game went on
  • Herring-Wilson held his own from what I saw
The Jay Rose DE experiment needs to happen. There is ZERO speed on the edges. As far as I saw he was only on kick returns other than garbage time. He's one of the better athletes on the team and if you're going to roll with Davis and McLean at TE then convert Rose. He couldn't be worse than what I saw at DE last night.

I suffered second hand embarrassment watching Fines waddle around the field last night as ballcarriers zoomed by

Reaction Score
This has no basis in fact, but I’ve always imagined that LAZ parking is just a giant money laundering front for the mafia. They control literally every parking lot...I went to trivia night at wood n tap and they even controlled parking there. Only way you get that much business while providing such awful service is by literally beating the competitors mafioso style
I've speculated that too. For a company that is so clueless to have such a stranglehold on the entire region means there must be other forces at play.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
The good:
-Crowd was great. It was pretty large and loud. CT will be a football state if we can just get over the hump and be competitive.
-Tailgating is back!
-Pindell for the stated reasons. I really like him.
-Receivers looked pretty good.

The bad:
-No answer on defense. UCF could have scored more if they wanted.
-Parking and traffic are mystifying in their incompetence.

On the whole, I left feeling not terrible.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I've speculated that too. For a company that is so clueless to have such a stranglehold on the entire region means there must be other forces at play.

It’s also an industry where fudging the numbers wouldn’t be a challenge

Reaction Score
It was. He tackled the defender.
I only saw it quickly on replay but it looked like he hooked him and they both just fell down. Stupid regardless because pindell had already broken the pocket at that time

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Did anyone notice Travis jones much? Saw he had a lot of tackles in the box score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pretty sure the holding call was on Ryan Crozier
Yep and and it looked like it made the difference between DP breaking out or not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom