A Great Performance Indeed | The Boneyard

A Great Performance Indeed

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We have much to look forward too. We shot 54% from the floor, 86 % from the line and 33% from trey with Azzi on the bench. We had 5 players in double figures and lost. We werent on our heels. We fought hard. The downfall was TO's all 22 of them. Hoping we get Nika and Dorka back after a week off and I think the turnovers drop quite a bit. Im not really concerned about what other teams do Im concerned about what we do and how we play.

Over the past few games with Dorka and Azzi out we have seen Edwards and The Griff step up big time. Now I would expect us to bring back Nika and Dorka and that will provide a little more chemistry. Then we're waiting on Azzi and that should solidify a run to the FF. Understand just because a player comes back, I dont expect instant success. It will take those players coming back some time to regain their game form. How much time? It will take as long as it takes. They will need repetitions to get back up to speed. Judging from what we've already seen I think the players and coaches know they have a bunch of non starters on the bench they can depend on now.

The question remains why so many injuries and how long will it be before those injured come back. Good question without an answer. All I know is UConn is really good when healthy and up to speed. You saw a depleted UConn team stumble forward and win against Princeton and stumble forward and lose to MD. They showed guts and had no quit in them. The played their butts off in both games overcoming some of their own faults which were caused by inexperience of playing together for long periods of time against top level teams. Nothing more then a good showing. So we have a week off until our next game. This couldnt come at a more perfect time. We need time to heal and come together as a team. I'm hoping Nika and Dorka will be back and the question now becomes how long before they both can play significant minutes. With that said I would expect Geno to come up with an offense that wont be so turnover prone. These next few weeks wont be easy but will be worth it down the road only because the kids will get more experience playing with each other. The future is bright.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Shouldn't Amari be added to the walking wounded list? It appeared to me that when she went to the bench near the end of the game she was limping and I believe it has been posted elsewhere that she has an issue with an calf.
Other than that, can't wait until Sunday.

Reaction Score
This is how I feel about this season: I think if Paige had not injured herself UConn had a good shot at winning another NC, but if she had stayed healthy we might not have seen how good Nika is as a point guard/play maker. It is a shame Paige and Lou will not get to play together. I like Dorka, but I think Patterson will be a better post player by next year. I think next years' team will win it all, with minor injuries instead getting hit by a train. Still, I really like watching this team play because their hearts are really in it, all the time.

Reaction Score
Shouldn't Amari be added to the walking wounded list? It appeared to me that when she went to the bench near the end of the game she was limping and I believe it has been posted elsewhere that she has an issue with an calf.
Other than that, can't wait until Sunday.
Stay healthy Amari! That was quite a fall (or two), take care of those hips and legs.!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom