A Glaring Contradiction | The Boneyard

A Glaring Contradiction

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
With the comments from HCRE yesterday regarding not caring whether we win or lose games right now, it's about developing leadership, etc. it made me think about the way in which he managed that UMass game, specifically our offense.

It's pretty obvious that he desperately wanted to "not lose" the UMass game (which is the same thing as winning by his definition) by the play-calling on offense. If he didn't care about winning or losing, shouldn't the path against UMass involved more variety on offense, less worrying about the risk of turnovers, stopped clock due to incomplete passes, etc? HCRE was so tight against UMass, it was obvious that he wanted to win and then in the ensuing weekly press conference, he says he doesn't care about that right now?

I call bullspit.

Reaction Score
I am extremely concerned about Randy's comments about not caring about winning. Whether he contradicted himself or not, I have never heard of a coach saying this. How does a comment like this sit with the players, especially the older guys who do not have much time left and want to win now. Ultimately, the older players as leaders dictate the attitude of the team and this comment cant help with the already low morale. Also, what recruit would want to play for a coach who says this?

Reaction Score
Do you have a quote of Diaco saying it? I'm not doubting you I just must have missed it.
Exhibition games, something like that.

Randy is really screwing up, at least publicly. The man had the smirk of a rascal after the loss to UMass.

Reaction Score
I am extremely concerned about Randy's comments about not caring about winning. Whether he contradicted himself or not, I have never heard of a coach saying this. How does a comment like this sit with the players, especially the older guys who do not have much time left and want to win now. Ultimately, the older players as leaders dictate the attitude of the team and this comment cant help with the already low morale. Also, what recruit would want to play for a coach who says this?

If you can convince the fans, and the administration, that your plan is to target winning in years 4-5 you improve your chances of keeping their support until that time frame arrives. You can enhance this, by only playing the guys that came in your first year. Face it, a 60 year old man has an incentive to keep a job that pays him in excess of $1 million per year. The best way to do this is to convince your employers that everything is on track.

Reaction Score
If you can convince the fans, and the administration, that your plan is to target winning in years 4-5 you improve your chances of keeping their support until that time frame arrives. You can enhance this, by only playing the guys that came in your first year. Face it, a 60 year old man has an incentive to keep a job that pays him in excess of $1 million per year. The best way to do this is to convince your employers that everything is on track.

Really now - ya think?

The idiot UConn beaurocrats sit back and collect paychecks and hold meetings and feel really important while the Titanic sitting on the bottom of the ocean.

I want answers. I want to know what the President, Provost and UCONN BoT have as a primary plan right now for football, and I want to know what the contigency plan, because it's patently obvious that Randy is setting himself to ride this job to retirement.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Do you have a quote of Diaco saying it? I'm not doubting you I just must have missed it.
Since you appear to be relatively new to the BY....and just in case you have any doubts about who and what he was, I present a little video clip for you to watch (warning: some adult language in some of the segments.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom