A game in September!! [not] | The Boneyard

A game in September!! [not]

Reaction Score
It’s 8:30 am and I just read that on Septemper 11 we’re playing UCLA. Surprised that no one has posted before now. We’ll have a whole month to dissect this game prior to the beginning of the season. How will they look? Will Paige be ready? Who starts? How will minutes be allocated? Does Azzi and other frosh meet our lofty expectations?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Easy there Husky. The only WCBB games played in September are in your mind. (Rod Serling voice) The Twilight Zone. :confused:

1630500830589.png

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Any news about future games is exciting and I share yours. I believe that September date is when tickets are on sale for this game. Another quality opponent is added, and yes, I am excited to play them. UCLA is expected to have a decent team although they didn't make ESPNs early top 25. Looking forward for Cori and Azzi to meet up after leaving UCLA in the dust in the recruiting wars. Good matchup.

Reaction Score
I do believe the game is scheduled for December 11.
Too bad.I'm ready for the first tip off.
although I'd rather not stand till the first Husky basket.
Like our team namesakes, I am starting to drool.
Speaking of wishful thinking, I was sure that somewhere in the discussions regarding the upcoming season schedule, UCONN was going to have a game with the Lady Longhorns, either in Connecticut or in Austin.
Would be a good game.
I guess I was totally hallucinating because I can't seem to locate any indication of the source.
Maybe in March/April depending on the regional bracket makeup.
Didn't Texas upset Maryland in the last NCAA tournament?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Too bad.I'm ready for the first tip off.
although I'd rather not stand till the first Husky basket.
Like our team namesakes, I am starting to drool.
Speaking of wishful thinking, I was sure that somewhere in the discussions regarding the upcoming season schedule, UCONN was going to have a game with the Lady Longhorns, either in Connecticut or in Austin.
Would be a good game.
I guess I was totally hallucinating because I can't seem to locate any indication of the source.
Maybe in March/April depending on the regional bracket makeup.
Didn't Texas upset Maryland in the last NCAA tournament?
I think there was some rumblings about a game with Texas. Vic Schaefer needs one more year to get more of HIS players on roster. I really don't think he wants to play UConn right now. Next year maybe. It would be a good match-up for both teams. Perhaps a two game Texas road trip with them and Baylor could work. They could return the favor the next year by coming to Storrs.

Same with Kim Mulkey at LSU who has been "jettisoning" the dead weight from her roster since taking over, and working the portal to piece together a team she can work with. The Tigers will be decent this year, probably ranked somewhere between 25-40. But not nearly as good as they'll be in two years. THAT'S when you'll want to schedule LSU, who I expect will be top 25 for sure by then. Mulkey is not going to waste any time getting her new program up to speed.

I'm very impressed with the schedule of "quality" out of conference (OOC) opponents Geno was able to assemble this year. UConn will be tested early. Three games in the Bahamas, then two road games: @ Georgia Tech (ONO's homecoming game), then UCLA (17-6 last year) at the Prudential Center in New Jersey. Road games build character, or reveal it.

I think UConn enters the game with Louisville on December 19 at the Mohegan Sun Arena undefeated. Most questions about this team should be answered after the UCLA game. All questions and concerns will be answered after the South Carolina game, but that game may not be played until February. Geno should have a pretty good idea of what he has by the holiday break. I also look for UConn go undefeated again this year in conference play. UConn will get some good games in conference, but nothing they can't handle.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom