A few thoughts on last nites game | The Boneyard

A few thoughts on last nites game

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
In 19/20 minutes ONO and Walker each had 6 rebounds. This is good. ONO is developing and Walker is quietly becoming a complete player. Outside of Camara everybody got plenty of minutes. KLS hit some treys and from what I saw when she shot a trey she was set without any movement and not rushing shots. Overall we shot over +45% from 3. A huge improvement, now we need to do that on Big Monday against SC and not rely on the trey. I really liked the passing and poise the team showed. Understand this was not a great ECU team and their defense was not good at all. Dont get to excited about our big win. We pretty much got what we wanted and the good news is we knocked down the shots we had, made some very good passes and put on a good show...and thats what we were suppose to do against a team that we were so much more talented than.

I am happy with what I saw last nite and Monday will be a good test. We need to win big on Monday. We are not where we need to be yet but we are showing improvement from everybody. We can not regress back to where we were. Monday tells me if we are through our slump. We need to domin8 on Monday. When we are playing are game and firing on all cylinders we are imo the best team in the country.

Reaction Score
I thought the most promising aspects of last night's game was the team's relentless effort, ball movement, and players cutting without the ball. Shots fall some nights and don't fall other nights. But these three elements can be present every game.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I was there and loved the spirit and energy. 20 steals, 35 assists on 45 hoops. Solid bench play.

I have bemoaned the inability or reluctance to hit open cutters and players posting up. I was encouraged they were doing both last night.

I know Lou only took and made 2 threes but her form was good. Some were worried that there may be a physical issue there. She put that to rest last night, at least from my perspective, as she was moving as well as ever, cutting, taking it to the hoop, rebounding, and generally being active. Geno took her out late in the first quarter until the 8 minute mark in the second and I think that worked well. Let's see if he sticks with that. It also looked like they tried something new, clearing out the area around the low post and having her post up deep off a cut. That's automatic although once they called her for a bogus offensive foul. I hope to see that a lot until the other team shows they can stop it. Another great stat, Lou had 13 free throw attempts in 20 minutes of play.

Collier, what can you say. 10 for 10, just an amazing ability to find and create room inside. CW hit some nice shots and this game should really boost her confidence as well.

Reaction Score
That is probably the worst team we will see all season, it came at the right time. Good confidence boost for the team, maybe exactly what we needed! Looking forward to Monday, one more tune-up before then.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Everyone is talking about Monday's game, don't overlook Temple they have won 4 in a row in conference play. Their last conference loss was to UConn. They need to play one game at a time and try to improve off the ECU game when they play Temple to make it harder for Dawn and SC game plan against our young ladies on Monday night at Hartford.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Everyone is talking about Monday's game, don't overlook Temple they have won 4 in a row in conference play. Their last conference loss was to UConn. They need to play one game at a time and try to improve off the ECU game when they play Temple to make it harder for Dawn and SC game plan against our young ladies on Monday night at Hartford.
NO, NO, NO. Not everyone is talking about Mondays game! We have played a grand total 8 home games, 14 away games. Temple is at Gampel on Sat, there is ZERO chance of them beating us there, despite their modest improvement. Don’t get carried away on the Owls being good as their best win of the 4 was against Houston in Philly. They are 8-14, not a good team.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
NO, NO, NO. Not everyone is talking about Mondays game! We have played a grand total 8 home games, 14 away games. Temple is at Gampel on Sat, there is ZERO chance of them beating us there, despite their modest improvement. Don’t get carried away on the Owls being good as their best win of the 4 was against Houston in Philly. They are 8-14, not a good team.
And Norte Dame went into UNC thinking they had the game in the bag even though they wouldn't have Jackie Young. Don't overlook teams period, play one game at a time and you have less of a chance of losing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom