A few take-aways from Tulane game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A few take-aways from Tulane game

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Too slow up the court, too far from the basket, no apparent play drawn, poor movement, clock dwindling, me screaming at the TV, undersized guard into the lane with a tricky shot as time expires.
That's the play.
Last night it worked.
Yea. It was also a travel. Refs missed the call. Gilbert took 4 steps.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yea. It was also a travel. Refs missed the call. Gilbert took 4 steps.
It was definitely awkward but looked like a hop to collect the ball then two steps.

Reaction Score
I was in the high five line at the end of the game and as Bouk ran by he said to us "and they say I cant play defense" it was interesting lol

Reaction Score
Great to see growth from Polley and Gilbert last night. That 15 foot jump shot was a thing of beauty in light of what we are accustomed to seeing. If Polley and AG can play similar to how they did last night, this team is so much better.
Agreed! Notice that when AG takes balanced jump shots he shoots a much better percentage than when he starts kicking out his feet and legs. The coaches really need to sit him down in the film room and break down the difference he shoots when he's balanced vs off balance and fading away.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Wouldn't say they struggled to beat them as much as put them away. Final score was much closer than it should have been. The final minute should have taken 65 seconds, real time, instead of about 4 minutes, and that is with TUlane giving up with 0:25 left.

That's literally the definition of struggling against a lesser team.

Blowing multiple double digit leads is also struggling.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Close, but not really the definition. Even considering the trouble they had vs USF or when the lead got to four, I didn't think they were in real danger of losing.

Reaction Score
Polley had the best game of his life. 11 rebounds compared to his normal 2 or 3 is a huge step forward. And as to Gilbert, he made good decisions and smart plays, that is certainly progress. Your negativity is astounding. Do you ever have anything positive to contribute?
I think freescooter

i think Tulane beat Cincinnati which blew us out of the gym!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom