A Few Observations on Tonight's ESPN Doubleheader | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A Few Observations on Tonight's ESPN Doubleheader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Caroline didn't have any turnovers last night. However, she also didn't score and the team needed scoring. Sometimes a shooter is on and sometimes she isn't; last night Caroline wasn't on.
Most of her shots were short and likely because her legs were tired and didn't have thrust into the shot.

Reaction Score
I've been at the game and I thought I'll share some impressions:
1. The arena is pretty interesting with a lot of pix of the past OU teams and especially the different Final 4 teams they had.
2. Seemed like very few UConn fans were there.
3. When S. Coale came to say hi to Geno before the game started, he did a very funny double look at her dress.
4. The team seemed somewhat tired and slower than usual on defense.
5. The refs were bad but they were bad for both sides. In the first half about 8 of the foul calls against UConn were called by the same ref who for some reason couldn't bring herself to whistle anything that went against OU. It was clear that Geno was very unhappy with her and at one point it looked like she'll T him. A fan of OU asked me if the refs in other UConn games are as bad as those :)
6. W. Hand is one scary player as an opponent. UConn was trying to guard her very tight and she still managed to hit difficult shots and was leading her team very nicely with hustle plays and nonstop movement.
7. The crowd was very load and was complaining on every call that went against OU and anything that wasn't called. They were screaming for a foul call on UConn every time any of their players was trying to shoot.
8. Tiff was amazing and Bria did what Bria does. The most problem UConn had was when OU was going for a pick and roll involving Stef as she rotated back way to slow and as a result there was an OU player free. Against a really good team with 5 scoring options that could be very problematic.
9. All in all a good win on the road against a team that didn't give up and was fighting. OU is a young team and will be much better next season.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Caroline didn't have any turnovers last night. However, she also didn't score and the team needed scoring. Sometimes a shooter is on and sometimes she isn't; last night Caroline wasn't on.
her stats say she didnt have any but I just saw (watching right now) her make one 2 minutes into the game.

She passed it in to Dolson (who was posting up) from the key and it went straight out of bounds, it didnt touch anyone and Doty said "my bad"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline
Top Bottom