A few MU game thoughts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A few MU game thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Agree with everything you said. We want to think that ref's are sort of robots that make calls independent of personal bias's, but that is not the case. In that sense, Ollie's approach last night may have won some points with the ref's during the remainder of the season. I am sure the ref's appreciate the fact that Ollie has not gone on the offensive against them. At least I hope so.
I think you are correct. People postulated, correctly imo, that if JC was on the bench instead of KO, the refs would have received a different treatment. As I was watching the game live I felt the same thing. JC would have had a fit, deservedly so, and received a technical. MU would have gone up by more at the onset of the OT. Maybe it would have put the players in the mindset of it's us against the world and rallied better then they did after the one two gut punch they got with the tying three and the reverse ref call, but I think this team will do better in the long run with the KO approach.

I'm an advocate for not letting things go. But I also like to survey things and consider short term and long term gains.

H

huskymagic

Every UConn NC has had strong interior defending and rebounding. Playing DD, NG or OC at the 4/3 spots puts a very short team on the floor. TO hasn't bulked up like I hoped he would and we can't put a dangerous 4-guard lineup out there, but having only one below average rebounder out there at a time is a recipe for disaster. Or did everyone miss the last meaningful round of free throws.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Rebounding has nothing to do with bulk although size and weight matter. Olander is 6'9 and 240 lbs he is already big enough for a college big man. His problem is lack of talent and quickness. He has trouble getting any rebound against guys that are shorter than him. He can;t score in the post or in the perimeter yet he is playing more minutes than Wolf. Another problem is our guards lack of size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom