A few more keys and notes | The Boneyard

A few more keys and notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A. Facey has to take his shot. He looked very hesitant. He just needs to relax and be confidant. Maybe grab a board and put it back to get the feel but its important for the team that Kentan takes good three's and make 1-2 three's a game if he is starting 4, He can do it.

B. Boatright needs to stay under control. He's going to have his moments--he's a really good player. But what has plagued him for 3 years is playing out of control. It's important for him to find the balance between taking good shots and when to make a play with the pass.

C. Ball movement for the entire team. Ball movement will create better shots and we might need cleaner looks this year compared to the 28 footers Shabazz took last year with a hand in his face. The extra pass will be *highly* beneficial.

D. Nolan has to hit the chipees. He can be a very decent player and he should shoot 55%. Just attack the basket harder as he's a good FT shooter. Brimah if he stays out of FT will have 5-6 20-10 games. I'd like to think Phil can give us 5-6 12-8 games when Brimah is in FT.

E. Our front-court with Brimah Facey and Hamilton is the longest that I can ever remember Uconn having and we've had some long one's. They all have tremendous length. Our defense at it's peak should be excellent.

F. Lastly it's imperative that Brimah does his best to stay on the court. I would take less chances on D lunging for blocks. He'll get his but he'll be much better off showing constraint and being able to help out on both ends. The lobs he got from Hamilton looked like upper tier nBA stuff. He also showed off his improved touch from the side and off the foul line 12 feet out. If it were my call--Brimah would get the most shots--I really think he can be a weapon on the offense.

Reaction Score
rockski will be taking minutes of facenole

purv must become factor

purv will excell in 94 game in spurts to change mo and is built to scoreinbunches off defense thrusts

olliewood i impress is saving such weapon for bigboz on sched in key junctures

for face to face save face ken need gimmick/dude has antihooppersona
trick for face up is aggression maybe triggered by cooldudepersona created by wearing shades during game or smoking stogey when on bench like red aurback of celts or maybe wear daddys war medals during game or . . superdude shaqeeshirt under jersey or drive a 54 caddy on campus-anything pleez-just do it and do it now

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
E. Our front-court with Brimah Facey and Hamilton is the longest that I can ever remember Uconn having and we've had some long one's. They all have tremendous length. Our defense at it's peak should be excellent.

2005: Villanueva, Boone, Gay (Armstrong) is the tallest frontcourt I can remember (watching many of the 2004-2005 season games now). Was watching UConn vs. St. John's game with Don Criqui and Donny Marshall doing the announcing. Wasn't Criqui a Boneyard favorite?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
2005: Villanueva, Boone, Gay (Armstrong) is the tallest frontcourt I can remember

We were long and effective up front from Mek's arrival until Hilton's graduation.

Wasn't Criqui a Boneyard favorite?

That depends on what you mean by favorite. If by favorite, you mean universally despised Notre Dame homer, then yeah, he was a favorite.

Reaction Score
A. Facey has to take his shot. He looked very hesitant. He just needs to relax and be confidant. Maybe grab a board and put it back to get the feel but its important for the team that Kentan takes good three's and make 1-2 three's a game if he is starting 4, He can do it.

B. Boatright needs to stay under control. He's going to have his moments--he's a really good player. But what has plagued him for 3 years is playing out of control. It's important for him to find the balance between taking good shots and when to make a play with the pass.

C. Ball movement for the entire team. Ball movement will create better shots and we might need cleaner looks this year compared to the 28 footers Shabazz took last year with a hand in his face. The extra pass will be *highly* beneficial.

D. Nolan has to hit the chipees. He can be a very decent player and he should shoot 55%. Just attack the basket harder as he's a good FT shooter. Brimah if he stays out of FT will have 5-6 20-10 games. I'd like to think Phil can give us 5-6 12-8 games when Brimah is in FT.

F. Lastly it's imperative that Brimah does his best to stay on the court. I would take less chances on D lunging for blocks. He'll get his but he'll be much better off showing constraint and being able to help out on both ends. The lobs he got from Hamilton looked like upper tier nBA stuff. He also showed off his improved touch from the side and off the foul line 12 feet out. If it were my call--Brimah would get the most shots--I really think he can be a weapon on the offense.
I agree with Facey needing to relax and let the game come to him but at the same time he does need to take the open shot. Watching the ball go throw the net can have a huge impact on young player. It could be the difference between him staying a starter for the next few years or simply riding the bench.
Boat has to be wise- agree. There was a few times last game when I said "why did he do that" and I remembered it was Boat not Bazz. Play smart and lead the team- he needs to play as close as possible to 1 or 2 turnovers a game max or his actions are not going to meet the expectations the staff has for him.
Nolan and Lubin got stuffed at the rim a few times. No one should be able to stop Lubin if he goes up strong- at least no one on a D2 team. If Phil can't make those layups and dunks he is not going to get opportunities to score and improve. I will take his D almost any day.
AB also has to learn to stay on the floor. Two of his fouls last game were just plain silly. He has to be smart- we need him this year more then last because we lost some very very good defenders.

No big deal- first look at the team and I think all your points are good ones. I have a feeling we will see a more normal pre season game Sunday- those guys were a pretty solid team with at least one D1 athlete on the floor- that dude (Williams?) looked like he could play for anyone.

pj

Reaction Score
Facey only needs to shoot when he's open. There are other scorers on the team. But he does need to shoot when he's unguarded. He should aim for efficiency a la Niels Giffey last year.

It was clear preseason that Lubin would have trouble finishing around the basket, that's why the coaches emphasized "rebounding and interior passing," not "rebounding and putbacks", as his mission. I don't expect that to change this year. He is only getting minor minutes this year anyway, similar to what Facey got last year.

Nolan has no excuse, he should be finishing strong.

Reaction Score
certainly yo jest
rockski can use either hand around cup and will take minutes wasted on facenole
rockski can shoot mohinder from 12 in
deft passer
supreme board man
pleez get yo tinkin kap
N.B.: dont sleep on value of rockski tude and rockski physical specimen
pleez dont put rockski on line to shoot dee technicals

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I hate when Phil misses dunks and put-back layups. I hate it so much. FINISH STRONG. No excuses for that for a veteran player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom