a few Mikayla Coombs clips | Page 2 | The Boneyard

a few Mikayla Coombs clips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So I guess Kia Nurse, Crystal Dangerfield , and Molly Bent will have to come off the . I was just pointing out that they can have all 3 playing together the way Geno subs and rotates his line ups to match up with the opposing team. CocoHusky. Your statement above didn't say anything about starters. You ask would all 3 scorers work out.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
UcMiami - I have to disclose... I definitely do not get out to A LOT of events over the close of the year. I get to a few .
I often make the distinction that I am not a h.s. evaluator . I've been a college Coach across the last 20 years... and I continue to Assess, Recognize with those eyes.

as for the " qualities that the Uconn coaches speak about that separate the very talented players that Uconn has no interest in from the ones that they are very interested in "

I have not had conversations with any member of UConn's staff... to say that I know exactly what all those qualities are in their eyes .. but I do feel confident I am very aware of the Winner's attributes they Recognize, Appreciate, potentially value more than majority of other programs.

I think my post Boo Williams / EYBL event commentary of Lexi Gordon, Andra Espinoza Hunter, Megan Walker provide an example of some of that Like Mindedness , Recognition.

my belief is that a majority of other programs might / do recognize the qualities, attributes that UConn value so strongly and / or demand.... but a High % of the others simply "compromise" off demanding that their priority targets possess all of them,etc.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Let's use Molly Bent as an example. Does she become UCONN material because she has values that MIGHT compensate for a lack of physical skills that more talented players with "baggage" may possess?

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
as a follow up ...

its often not even about some players having "baggage" ... its about the volume of kids that do Not have WINNER's Intangibles .

PS. I will be at an aau event over the weekend & then out of country for approx 10 days starting Monday. Just to provide a heads up as to why I likely will be away from this site for that period of time.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks - I was asking because of those evaluations you posted that seemed to be identifying those types of qualities. I was wondering if they really jump out on the court or if it is more subtle discernment that is required.
There was a post a few weeks ago about Shea Ralph and the bit that really jumped out of the article linked was this:
There is tangible evidence of the differences in the UConn program from the way it’s done at other schools. Veteran Scotland High School football coach Richard Bailey was in charge of introducing some of the guest speakers at last summer’s N.C. Coaches Association Clinic in Greensboro, and one of those coaches was Ralph.

When Ralph spoke, Bailey said, she showed a UConn women’s basketball highlight film. But it wasn’t what you normally see, with displays of 3-point shooting and impressive drives to the basket for points.

“I don’t know if there was a basket in the highlight film,’’ Bailey said. “It was all blocks, drawing charges, diving in the stands for balls, players on the sideline cheering — all hustle plays.’’

UConn women's basketball assistant Shea Ralph, of Fayetteville, is dynasty's darling

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Let's use Molly Bent as an example. Does she become UCONN material because she has values that MIGHT compensate for a lack of physical skills that more talented players with "baggage" may possess?
I think clearly the answer to that question is yes. Otherwise The UConn would just be trying to fill their scholarship quota. Once again I think people are going to be really surprised at the skills as well as the intangibles that Molly brings to the table.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
as a follow up ...

its often not even about some players having "baggage" ... its about the volume of kids that do Not have WINNER's Intangibles .

PS. I will be at an aau event over the weekend & then out of country for approx 10 days starting Monday. Just to provide a heads up as to why I likely will be away from this site for that period of time.
Safe trip coach. Perhaps if you can view some of the out of country young ladies who have 5 star potential?

Reaction Score
IMO, if the UConn coaches feel that Bent has those values, or "winner's intangibles" as CoachBill calls them, it simply enhances her appeal to them. It's probably safe to say that Auriemma isn't going to bother recruiting a potential rotation type player if she doesn't meet his criteria for physical skills such as quickness, strength, shooting, etc. Since he feels that Bent meets those criteria, he'll likely take her over another comparable athlete who doesn't have those "intangibles". IMO, those intangibles will allow her to use her advanced athletic ability to keep improving and progressing her game as opposed to those many we see on some of the top programs that just stagnate and never really elevate their game. Plus those "winner's intangibles" mean she'll never quit and lay down on her team on or off the court, and especially in practice where those "tough to play against" teams are really built.

Reaction Score
I saw on a message board that Baylor is the leader for
Christyn Williams.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I saw on a message board that Baylor is the leader for
Christyn Williams.

A message board? Why not say which board? Lemme guess: Oklahoma's.

Question: Does the source for this information now post on this board?

BTW, I have no idea who leads for Williams.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

It's the same person who makes lots of declamations.. He says unequivocally that Sedona Prince is going to Texas too. Not sure why these players don't make their intentions public already since he's so certain they've already decided.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I'm not crazy about her form on long range shots and at the foul line (as per the video).
Seems awkward and not conducive to great results.
Bother anyone else?

Reaction Score

Yes it was over on the Sooners message board, it was brought up by the person who runs this site
HOME

He seems to be a big Baylor fan, and even has Richards #1 over all in the 2017 class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom