A Drone's Eye View of UCONN | The Boneyard

A Drone's Eye View of UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After watching for the first time there was something bothering me about that clip. Watched it a second time with no sound and figured it out. The visuals made it look like UConn is somewhere in the mid west. I know we are the state land grant but a little less agriculture and more STEM would have been better. Unless, of course, it was made at the request of the B1G to help make it look like we fit in well with Iowa and Nebraska.

Reaction Score
After watching for the first time there was something bothering me about that clip. Watched it a second time with no sound and figured it out. The visuals made it look like UConn is somewhere in the mid west. I know we are the state land grant but a little less agriculture and more STEM would have been better. Unless, of course, it was made at the request of the B1G to help make it look like we fit in well with Iowa and Nebraska.
This is a view of campus from the air. If you wanted this to be a commercial for our STEM facilities, you need to be inside them; the outside observer has no idea what building is what (not to mention some of the STEM buildings like MSB are hideous even from the outside). This is about how beautiful and rich our campus is, and they knocked it out of the park.

Reaction Score
What the heck is STEM?

STEM = Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics and because the Federal government has focused on STEM education in a big way, it means a lot money for schools like UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
STEM = Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics and the federal government has focused on STEM education in a big way, it means lot money.

Thanks. I am a diehard born and bred uconn fan through and through. I toured uconn when looking at colleges and it was just way too big for my liking. It certainly is beautiful though!

Reaction Score
I dry-heaved a bit watching the kids running Horsebarn Hill. Twenty years since college and I still have nightmares of doing wind sprints up the damn thing the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Overall, a good video. Show's UConn's size. Would have like to see a bit more on the science side of academics and some diversity on extra curricular activities besides band - basketball, football, soccer, crew, volunteer groups, etc. Throwing in some pictures of Storrs Center would have been good, too.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Awesome clip! What building has a garden/cafe looking place on its roof?? Amazing how different it looks in just the 11 years since I graduated....wow

Reaction Score
Thanks. I am a diehard born and bred uconn fan through and through. I toured uconn when looking at colleges and it was just way too big for my liking. It certainly is beautiful though!
What school did you decide on?

Reaction Score
Quinnipiac University. Graduated May 2012.

That school has changed a lot since I went to high school nearby in the 1990's. They were called the Braves back then, too. My friends and I would walk around in the Spring trying to take advantage of their 60/40 female/male ratio.

Reaction Score
That school has changed a lot since I went to high school nearby in the 1990's. They were called the Braves back then, too. My friends and I would walk around in the Spring trying to take advantage of their 60/40 female/male ratio.

It was one of the best parts about the school lol and they were mostly from NJ, NY, Long Island and they all had money. Good school and I could still cheer for my home state Huskies!!

Reaction Score
It was one of the best parts about the school lol and they were mostly from NJ, NY, Long Island and they all had money. Good school and I could still cheer for my home state Huskies!!

You mean they HAD money before QU's tuition bill ($41K a year plus R&B) came in :) I know a few folks here in NNJ who go there and have heard all about that aspect.

Reaction Score
Attention UCONN Athletic Department: Show the video on the Jumbotron at the RENT as the team leaves the field at halftime OR as soon as the clock runs down at the end of the first quarter (OR BOTH!)That is all.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
What's with all the pavement and why are the only worn dirt paths on Horse Barn Hill? Hey, hey, my, my. Things have changed...and not for the worse.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I graduated in 1990 and barely recognize anything in that video. Wow things have changed. Not all for the better. I like the old dirty Ted's, the one that played Cecilia on the jukebox, sold 32 oz Chug-a-mugs and had an inch of muck on the floor. Everything in this video looked awesome and first class. God do I love my school.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I graduated in 1990 and barely recognize anything in that video. Wow things have changed. Not all for the better. I like the old dirty Ted's, the one that played Cecilia on the jukebox, sold 32 oz Chug-a-mugs and had an inch of muck on the floor. Everything in this video looked awesome and first class. God do I love my school.
Isn't Teds still old and dirty?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Isn't Teds still old and dirty?
Probably still dirty, but they redesigned the inside somewhere in the early 90's. It was nicer looking and probably had more space, but it no longer matched my memories.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Very cool indeed!

As a retired band director - loved the marching band shots!!!!!!!!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
STEM = Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics and because the Federal government has focused on STEM education in a big way, it means a lot money for schools like UConn.
... and the State of Connecticut has focused on it a much more tangible way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom