A Drone's Eye View of UCONN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A Drone's Eye View of UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First complaint within 2 posts, not bad. :rolleyes:

That video is awesome, the campus is beautiful.

STEM is coming over the next 10 years.

http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2014/01/planning-for-first-next-gen-projects-gets-underway/

My post was not meant to be a complaint, just an observation. I agree that the campus looks great. Especially shots of the central campus. Light years better that in the 1960's when I was there. I also know that one of the most common negative feed backs we have in surveys is that Storrs "is in the middle of nowhere". Time spent showing horses, cows, hay fields, etc., just might reinforce that negative. Showing more of the new residence halls, the new town center, etc., would be better IMHO.

Reaction Score
My post was not meant to be a complaint, just an observation. I agree that the campus looks great. Especially shots of the central campus. Light years better that in the 1960's when I was there. I also know that one of the most common negative feed backs we have in surveys is that Storrs "is in the middle of nowhere". Time spent showing horses, cows, hay fields, etc., just might reinforce that negative. Showing more of the new residence halls, the new town center, etc., would be better IMHO.
There were multiple shots of the Storrs Center. Spend some time on campus and you'd recognize it. There haven't been new residence halls for a long time, unless you're talking about the new apartments at Storrs Center, which, again, was captured.

Agriculture is a part of UConn's history, and it's something to be proud of. The region of CT in which UConn is located is beautiful. I'm sure that's the reason why there were several shots of kids taking a run on what I assume is Horsebarn; the surrounding agricultural area can augment the student experience, and it isn't something you see on a traditional commercial that boasts a USNWP rating or STEM statistics. That's appealing to many people. Not everyone wants to be in a busy city or a suburb. The campus itself looks plenty engaging and inviting, with PLENTY to offer. And that was the whole point of the commercial.

Reaction Score
The thing about UConn is that no amount of camera angles could hide the fact that it is in the middle of nowhere.

It's beautiful, and it's becoming its own little city....in the middle of nowhere.

Reaction Score
You mean they HAD money before QU's tuition bill ($41K a year plus R&B) came in :) I know a few folks here in NNJ who go there and have heard all about that aspect.
All that money to go to school in a state park. So silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom