A Dime Back Podcast: The Big 12 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A Dime Back Podcast: The Big 12

Reaction Score
Why do people say UConn is a great fit for the BE?
Yes, when we win it’s great. But we have nothing in common with all but one other school. UConn is a flagship state university in a league with private Catholic schools. The UConn AD is almost double or triple the next biggest AD in the league.

I would think if UConn were to model an AD in the P5, UVA is a good example. Solid athletics, competes on national level for both fb and bb. Challenges for NC’s every 5-10 years.

I just don’t see UConn striving to be Villanova or Seton Hall.

I like UConn driving it’s own destiny, but if Big 12 comes with offer, not sure you can say no. Unless the offer is so one sided it hinders UConn’s ability to be competitive.

Reaction Score
Listened for a few minutes. These guys are completely clueless about conference realignments.

It is embarrassing they are an UConn podcast. UConn not taking the B12 move would be the dumbest move in school history. When the ACC implodes, we will be sitting on our sorry ass while the B12 take all the Northeast leftovers like Cuse, BCU, and Pitt. We will be part of the G5 forever. These guys would have UConn screwed forever.

These clueless ignorant tools actually think UConn can keep coaches like Dan Hurley with it's current budget? The gap between teams like Houston and us would be huge. Don't these guys have a clue?
If only the Big East could afford good basketball coaches. All our coaches suck because we can't pay them.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If only the Big East could afford good basketball coaches. All our coaches suck because we can't pay them.

And you know what the next Big East tv deal is going to pay? Pac 12 doesn't even have any ESPN interest. Who the hell is bidding on us.

Reaction Score
You are thinking short term. If any of the P5 teams come after our coaches, can we match? How much deficit are we willing to go into? How high will the university and the state raise the debt ceiling for UConn?

You don't think extra $30M will give us some options?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
You are thinking short term. If any of the P5 teams come after our coaches, can we match? How much deficit are we willing to go into? How high will the university and the state raise the debt ceiling for UConn?

You don't think extra $30M will give us some options?

The Big East has been at a financial disadvantage for a decade now and the programs seem to be doing just fine.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
These are the same people who said we lost the Big East Tournament because Hurley went zone, and since it reminded them of Jim Boeheim that’s why we lost.

Reaction Score
Ya let see how it plays out? Big 12 takes them and leaves UConn out! Smart thinking!

I’m fine if that happens. Realignment happens every 10 years. We didn’t get a P5 invite in 2013 and won two championships afterwards.

Reaction Score
I’m fine if that happens. Realignment happens every 10 years. We didn’t get a P5 invite in 2013 and won two championships afterwards.
One in the AAC! Never forget!

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
The B12 is the best basketball conference in the country. Anyone who says it would hurt our basketball shouldn’t be taken seriously.
Would going to the B12 definitely Gonzaga’s basketball program better?

I’m not sure we could turn down an offer from the B12 budget wise but there are way more elements to a program thriving in a conference than how strong the other teams are. Plenty of ppl thought the ACC was the best basketball conference when BC went.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Would going to the B12 definitely Gonzaga’s basketball program better?

I’m not sure we could turn down an offer from the B12 budget wise but there are way more elements to a program thriving in a conference than how strong the other teams are. Plenty of ppl thought the ACC was the best basketball conference when BC went.
I’m of the belief that Gonzaga is a giant paper tiger fraud. They’d absolutely win less games and get less one seeds if they played an actual conference schedule. But I’m sure their fans would love to have more interesting games on their schedule than BYU and St Mary’s.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom