A Different Look For Our Paige | The Boneyard

A Different Look For Our Paige

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Why is it in so many of these messages and commercials the (so called) music drowns out what is being said? Because more often the music and the style is the message.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Shouldn't it be "Built Differently"? :cool:
Built differently is past tense. Build Differently is future tense. No woman I have ever met is satisfied with their looks and are interested in a change that is beneficial. So the marketing message is that you can build yourself differently than you are now with our help.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Arguable point, but I think in this context, "built different" is correct, since the difference refers to the finished product and not the method of construction.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Built differently is past tense. Build Differently is future tense. No woman I have ever met is satisfied with their looks and are interested in a change that is beneficial. So the marketing message is that you can build yourself differently than you are now with our help.
I think you would need to add the auxiliary verb "will" to make the future tense of build. Seems the question being asked is should the adverbial differently be used. But "built different" is a slang usage attributed to Kevin Hart in a 2015 text. It soon became a meme and was applied to Dwayne Wade of the Miami Heat the following year. She looks like a young woman now, not a girl anymore. Classy all the way.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
So you agree that it should be "differently" instead of "different"? :D

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I think you would need to add the auxiliary verb "will" to make the future tense of build. Seems the question being asked is should the adverbial differently be used. But "built different" is a slang usage attributed to Kevin Hart in a 2015 text. It soon became a meme and was applied to Dwayne Wade of the Miami Heat the following year. She looks like a young woman now, not a girl anymore. Classy all the way.
Yes, I took it as slang. I'm not up on my memes, I guess. :cool:

Reaction Score
Doesn't seem like the best brand messaging but I guess it works with kids.

Reaction Score
You guys will argue about anything. Just enjoy Paige.

Yes! We are here for basketball. Who cares about Grammar? It's not relevant at all. When you've entered into the world of social media you've basically waived all claims on proper syntax. It's a world of gifs, acronyms, and tweets. Let it rest. (Let's go PB!)

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
So you agree that it should be "differently" instead of "different"? :D

No to both. The statement is phrased this way for marketing purposes and the grammar inconsistencies are intentional to get you to stop and think about what they mean. So obviously it works. It is now and advertisement etched into your memories for a long long time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom