A Damn Fine Season | The Boneyard

A Damn Fine Season

Reaction Score
At exactly twice the wins I predicted, I think the "Exceeded Expectations" label should go on this year's effort. And it may not be over. A big well done to all involved.

I think we can say that the bottom for Uconn football was reached LAST year!! UConn football is ascendant now.

Reaction Score
Unbelievable season. I know yesterdays loss was a tough one, knowing that we did not execute to our potential, but I’m very proud of this season. For me personally, once we upset Fresno, and then went on the road and spanked FIU, I was 100% at peace with whatever the rest of the season brought us, and it has far and away exceeded my expectations.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
At exactly twice the wins I predicted, I think the "Exceeded Expectations" label should go on this year's effort. And it may not be over. A big well done to all involved.

I think we can say that the bottom for Uconn football was reached LAST year!! UConn football is ascendant now.
I gave this a like but if there's one thing I've learned as a UConn football fan, it's that just when you think we've hit rock bottom, we always find a new one. Let's hope we actually did find a bottom and leave it far behind for good.

Reaction Score
One thing needs to be said, if there is a more likeable group of kids in Division 1, I haven’t seen them.

Who could not love the effort and passion our kids play with - seriously. Games are massively entertaining! Players gave there all this year even when plagued with injuries and playing games with a depleted roster.

Announcers early in season seemed to leave that out that we were playing with 2nd to 4th string players at several key positions.

Mora / Charlton gave them the structure / tools but credit the kids for giving it their all this year.

Reaction Score
I think we will see some nice additions coming in. We do need to find another Burns. Getting a frustrated 4* QB sitting on ice at a major P5 is a must. Need some excellent receivers. We have a ceiling until we have a strong pass game.

Reaction Score
I gave this a like but if there's one thing I've learned as a UConn football fan, it's that just when you think we've hit rock bottom, we always find a new one. Let's hope we actually did find a bottom and leave it far behind for good.
Very true. And one way that could happen is if key players and staff head for the exits. But somehow I sense that would be premature for both groups. And the staff radiates competence despite some mistakes that they will certainly learn from.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I would call it a surprisingly good season. But you know in your heart it could have been 8-4.
It could have been 9-3 (Utah St also could have been a win) but it would be intellectually dishonest to not also accept that it could just as easily have been 4-8 (Fresno St & Liberty weren't exactly dominant wins).

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The season was a success the minute we got to 5 wins beating UMass, or if you were certain we'd beat Umass, getting to 4 beating BC. It guaranteed a shot at bowl eligibility in the last game.

Got there a game early, so an even bigger success.

The only way to fail is to accept this as anything more than a baseline for future improvement. We have a bowl game coming and depending on the opponent a chance at a winning record.

Next year's schedule has more winnable games than this years did, so we go onward.

Reaction Score

I thought this year UConn would win 3 or 4 games. I thought if they were good maybe 5. 6-6 was not what I had, but I'll take it...
Now, I hope UMass will get better next year as I'd love to see them and even BC win games except against us... :rolleyes:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Considering the last few years, this season was an unqualified success.

Mora brought with him the knowledge and skills of a successful coach. His staff was well above what I thought would happen.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
first year in forever that watching/going to the game handily beat out dealing with leaves mess from mid october onward.
winner.
beating beagles and umass? yes, i'll have both jimmies and the chocolate sauce on my ice cream sundae, thank you very much.
having one of the top d players in the land? splitting 10s, and drawing two aces.
we rich now.

we'll have ourselves a time,
and dance till morning sun.

Reaction Score
Before the season I predicted 10 wins. Without injuries to Roberson, Carter and the WRs they could very well have had 9.
Mora is a great coach who brought in better talent, coaches and players. So I thought they would go from bad team to good team. So considering the injuries, a good season that could have been even better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom