A couple women's BB notes | The Boneyard

A couple women's BB notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
My CNN homepage featured a link to a Bleacher Report article about Becky Hammon and her coaching position with the Spurs. It is an interesting and well written article that I recommend.

In the article, there was a couple of tidbits I either didn't know or had forgotten:
- They mentioned Lisa Boyer's stint as a part time coach some years back. It didn't note that Lisa Boyer coached Dawn Staley in the ABL (Philadelphia something, I went to a couple of games) and has been on her bench as an Assistant / Associate at Temple and South Carolina. I have always thought well of her.

- They mentioned that Lauren Holtcamp is being introduced as an NBA ref, joining Violet Palmer. IIRC, a couple BY posters had commented favorably on her a few years back when she was at one of your destination tourney's; she has worked the W and also the D League.

On a separate note, maybe it was noted here previously, but I do charts of coaches and such for teams that Rutgers and Arizona play, and Arizona is playing Grambling this year. The first year coach there is Nadine Domond, noted as being from Connecticut (played at Iowa, and in the W briefly).

And, finally, as I was working on the spreadsheet, I came across a short photo article about odd mascots. Although most were the expected odds and blobs, my actual favorite was their comment that Iona's Gael looks like Abe Lincoln's evil twin brother. Check it out in your spare time for a good laugh.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
My CNN homepage featured a link to a Bleacher Report article about Becky Hammon and her coaching position with the Spurs. It is an interesting and well written article that I recommend.

In the article, there was a couple of tidbits I either didn't know or had forgotten:
- They mentioned Lisa Boyer's stint as a part time coach some years back. It didn't note that Lisa Boyer coached Dawn Staley in the ABL (Philadelphia something, I went to a couple of games) and has been on her bench as an Assistant / Associate at Temple and South Carolina. I have always thought well of her.

- They mentioned that Lauren Holtcamp is being introduced as an NBA ref, joining Violet Palmer. IIRC, a couple BY posters had commented favorably on her a few years back when she was at one of your destination tourney's; she has worked the W and also the D League.

On a separate note, maybe it was noted here previously, but I do charts of coaches and such for teams that Rutgers and Arizona play, and Arizona is playing Grambling this year. The first year coach there is Nadine Domond, noted as being from Connecticut (played at Iowa, and in the W briefly).

And, finally, as I was working on the spreadsheet, I came across a short photo article about odd mascots. Although most were the expected odds and blobs, my actual favorite was their comment that Iona's Gael looks like Abe Lincoln's evil twin brother. Check it out in your spare time for a good laugh.
tumblr_lhpjztFN3q1qgoqho.jpg

Reaction Score
When Jim Valvano was coaching at Iona, he was out recruiting a prospect. He introduced himself "I'm Jim Valvano. IONA college" The prospect turns to his mother and says "Mom, this guy owns a college!" Kid probably ended up at UNC.
But look at the ?bright? side - if he went to UNC, he'd STILL KNOW Jim Valvano owns a college. Anyplace else, he'd know something different.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
And he'd be proud of the A he got for learning it.
He'd get the A for writing a paper about the guy he met who owned a college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom