A couple of tidbits.... | The Boneyard

A couple of tidbits....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I was reading a comment on another forum about was it really an upset for Cicero North to beat Bolingbrook? While I was reading it, and gigling as the suggestion that it was not an upset, it reminded me of an article I read earlier this year. Do you realize all 8 seniors from Bolingbrook are going to play Division 1 basketball next year? That is mind-boggling! While Stewart is amazing, I am unaware of how many of her teammates will play D1 other than her. I'd call it an upset.

DaLacy Anderson, 6-2, G/F, George Washington
Cabriana Capers, 6-0, F, Auburn
Allie Hill, 5-7, G, Texas-Pan American
Annaya Moore, 6-2, F, Alabama-Birmingham
Nia Moore, 6-3, F, Illinois
Keiera Ray, 5-9, G, Penn
Morgan Tuck, 6-2, F, Connecticut
ChaRosnese Williams, 6-2, F, Stetson

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...organ-tuck-cabriana-capers-kennedy-cattenhead

On another note, I was listening to a replay of a Howard Stern interview with the actor Bradley Cooper. He mentioned that he attended Germantown Academy in PA. The same HS Doty attended.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yeah, I think Mater Dei had 6 last year, which was astounding. I can barely comprehend 8. They must do a lot of substitution, plus they win big, so the non-starters still get lots of PT. I wonder if 8 is a record.

Our Indiana Guru listens to Howard Stern? I've tried to disabuse my sons of that, but failed. :)

Here is more info on G.A.: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germantown_Academy

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Exactly what I was wondering. Seems hard to imagine anyone having more.
As long as it is 5 players on the court at once, any number beyond 5 is amazing.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
As long as it is 5 players on the court at once, any number beyond 5 is amazing.
Must be that hockey line shift approach working so well. My assuption is that those players play on different AAU teams and get plenty of attention there but have been brought together at Bollingbrook on a unique team.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Yeah, I think Mater Dei had 6 last year, which was astounding. I can barely comprehend 8. They must do a lot of substitution, plus they win big, so the non-starters still get lots of PT. I wonder if 8 is a record.

Our Indiana Guru listens to Howard Stern? I've tried to disabuse my sons of that, but failed. :)

Here is more info on G.A.: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germantown_Academy

I got Sirius the month before Howard joined. I used to watch the E show and thought it was rather funny and he had a lot of hotties on there - I was a teenager at the time, what do you expect? After listening to his radio show for a few months, I paid for a lifetime subscription. Although there are the occassional racy moments, his interviewing skills are second to none. I like that he doesn't hold back and will ask the questions that many refrain from asking. My wife likes the show but won't listen to certain segments (maybe I should say tolerates rather than likes). While his show is scandalous at times, he is actually quite the family man and has a level head on his shoulders.

I think it will be interesting with him replacing Piers Morgan on America's Got Talent. I think he will do a great job and not be the wild character many expect him to be.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
In the article is says that Smith's 06-07 team had 6 as well - his previous best.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Bolingbrook has 8 D-1 kids to MD's six last year, but MD had four of the top 30 players in their respective classes. That's pretty incredible.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Bolingbrook has 8 D-1 kids to MD's six last year, but MD had four of the top 30 players in their respective classes. That's pretty incredible.
At the very top, Mater Dei had Kaleena Lewis and Jordan Adams, while Bolingbrook had Ariel Massengale and Morgan Tuck. Even if the others were only average players--which they are not--that is a lot of talent.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I've been listening to Howard Stern and the the talented people he surrounds himself with since 1982. He is smart, witty and without peer. Sure, sometimes it's the fifth grade, but sometimes the commentary and interviews are downright erudite. That's part of the attraction. It's not a show for your kids, but it's great fun for open-minded adults. And a bababoohey to you all.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
While his show is scandalous at times, he is actually quite the family man and has a level head on his shoulders.
You keep saying things like that and he will be suing you for ruining his reputation and loss of livelihood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom