A couple of interesting Muffet quotes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A couple of interesting Muffet quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
“I don’t like coaching against friends.”
“I don’t like to play my friends, which is pretty easy because I don’t have that many in coaching.

Read these two quotes/statements, without the source or specific context. As an outsider, this sounds *exactly* like a quip Geno Auriemma would provide the media, especially to give a good soundbite before a game.

And it is funny and self-deprecating at the same time.

I think Muffet was being funny and showing off that she does have a sense of humor, even though she may not frequently deploy it when responding to media inquiries.

Reaction Score
Woah. Why so much hostility?

I have met his acqaintence, yes. We live in the same town and our sons played a season of little league together on the same team. And they played against each other on other teams for years. My husband once reffed a game between our two teams and Geno came out to tell my husband how to call the strikes so he could get home early. My husband DID feel Geno was being a pompous jerk, I thought he was trying to be funny. But am I friends with him? No.

I should have put it in quotes as I meant it more as a reference to how he sometimes comes off to fans of other teams and, yes, even some fans of UConn feel that way. Shocking, I know. Personally, I like and "get" Geno's sarcastic humor and comments. But I recognize that others are not so fond of his comments.

So sorry if I offended you. Seems so many here are very easily offended these days. This used to be such a fun place. Now? Not so much.

Reaction Score
I agree that it is perceived that Geno is pompous and I also get his humor (sarcastic wit) I guess it's an Italian thing as it is in my family. Personally, I really think Geno is anything but pompous but we all have our opinions. No harm no foul

Reaction Score
I agree that it is perceived that Geno is pompous and I also get his humor (sarcastic wit) I guess it's an Italian thing as it is in my family. Personally, I really think Geno is anything but pompous but we all have our opinions. No harm no foul
I'm guessing those in the biz know he's not a pompous jerk. Perhaps some perpetuate that myth as bulletin board material or for use in negative recruiting. He seems to have a lot of coaching friends, unlike Muffet. Even the TV broadcasters have said how accommodating and gracious he is. I'm referring specifically to the comments made during last year's national championship game by Doris and Dave. Some of the top women coaches in WCBB seem to try too hard, and I put Muffet in this category.

Reaction Score
“we talked about it a little bit and agreed to do it. I just don’t like it – I’m too competitive.”

LINK
So am I taking this the wrong way.....but isn't this a huge diss to Foster and Ohio St.? She does not like playing him because she feels her team will not be challenged? That it is not competitive enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom