A couple of articles from 2010 & 2011 | The Boneyard

A couple of articles from 2010 & 2011

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I was looking for something else and came across these. The first one is about the [then] 88 game win streak and Geno defending women’s hoops against sexism as a fallout of that

This one is about Tina, who received a Role Model of the Year award in 2011. Geno spoke at the ceremony.

Perhaps no other anecdote better typifies the relationship between Auriemma and Charles than Charles' desire to be given a chair in Auriemma's office that she had grown particularly fond to. Charles' quest for the chair has come with ever-changing parameters as Auriemma continues to push Charles even if he now longer coaches her on a daily basis.

"Anytime I went into office good or bad, but usually bad, I would sit in that chair across from him," said Charles, who received the key to the city of Middletown and had May 20 declared "Tina Charles Day" in Middletown. "I really like the chair. He said I could only get the chair if I become the two-time All-American and the national player of the year. I achieved all of this and just recently I went (to visit). He was talking about a new facility that is supposed to be at UConn and he said you can take that chair but one last thing, you have to be a starter on the Olympic team. Coach Auriemma, he is still continuing the challenge me and that is the best thing about UConn."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom