A contrarian View: Should He Stay of Should He Go? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

A contrarian View: Should He Stay of Should He Go?

Reaction Score
UCONN needs stability going into next year. Change at this time would/will make things even worse. After next year?

Reaction Score
Wait, why forsake the interim coaching opportunity? After all, operational ADs with minimal to no coaching experience frequently take on the coaching reins.
Wait is correct. I was waiting for your stupid reply. Look up the word sarcasm.

Reaction Score
I might also add that UConn has changed HC's three times in the last nine years. Once reactively and twice proactively. Each time the W-L record took a quantum step down followed by a further more gradual decline with ups and downs but with the trend line down.

Those data are indisputable. And I am reminded of the old adage that the definition of stupidity is doing the same thing multiple times and somehow expecting a different result.

That doesn't mean that adjustments can't be made. Next year an experienced OC can be brought in. Given the record so far, the HC will not have autonomy in that choice although he may have veto power if he feels a certain candidate is a totally bad fit. Other things can be done as well. But the overall balance of pros and cons leads me to argue for HCRE2.0 to be retained for a minimum of two more years.
Only if we pay well regarded Line coaches with Edsall butting out. One would think that Edsall sees his way isn’t working and keep his nose out of the line and QB coaches way. But I doubt it. Maybe DB needs to have a sit down with the HC.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Not sure another change is gonna help us, it may send us to the death spiral

Reaction Score
Not sure another change is gonna help us, it may send us to the death spiral
The death spiral began when the ACC denied UConn. Suzie with her head in the clouds and Warde in the Bahamas. Once it starts, you usually can't stop it.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
The death spiral began when the ACC denied UConn. Suzie with her head in the clouds and Warde in the Bahamas. Once it starts, you usually can't stop it.
Time to cancel the subscription

Reaction Score
That was the Louisville addition when Clemson and FSU held sway over the selection of a bigger football addition and Jurich put on a full “courting” press on behalf of Louisville.
But back at the point where we would have been the selection over Pitt, the #1reason we were passed over had everything to do with the UConn lawsuit. It wasn’t even called the Big East lawsuit. The ACC spoke of it as the Connecticut lawsuit. The live shot ambition of AG Blumenthal, taking center stage at every press and TV opportunity and inspiring the amended complaint against Miami Prez Shalala and BC prez Leahy as individuals, not merely as representatives of their universities, incensed them. We shot ourselves in the foot. Blumenthal pulled the trigger. And those who deny that it mattered that much among all the extenuating rationales, such as territorial exclusivity by BC are simply deceiving themselves. As in many endeavors, it got personal. And it mattered.

Reaction Score
Blumenthal is the mouth that roars. He cannot resist talking to any camera
stuck in his face and loves the notoriety good or bad. Also a liar about his service in the armed forces. I neve vote for him and cant understand how he gets elected Year after year.

Reaction Score
Blumenthal is the mouth that roars. He cannot resist talking to any camera
stuck in his face and loves the notoriety good or bad. Also a liar about his service in the armed forces. I neve vote for him and cant understand how he gets elected Year after year.
I agree with you in large part, but he served despite any bone spurs he might have had.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom