A championship winning formula | The Boneyard

A championship winning formula

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The linked article is about hockey but the below paragraphs struck me as I read them. The words could have come from Geno and not Steven Stamkos. It goes to show that champions have a similar mindset. It’s not always who has the most talent.

Stamkos said the Lightning's success on both sides of the puck comes down to trusting one another after two previous championships.

"I think it's just belief in ourselves and belief in the work you put in. But trust is the word," he said. "We trust every guy that goes over those boards to do his job. Whether you score a goal or not, it's the little things that you do. It's the defending. It's the blocked shots. It's the sacrifice. It's not complaining about your role. It's going out and playing as hard as you can for the guy that sits beside you in that locker room

Reaction Score
Love it! The comments by Stamkos are so spot on. Having a team that trust each other is huge. Trusting that each player, no matter their role, is going to do their best. Best bench warmer & not complaining that you are on the bench & not getting minutes. To everyone in the middle of the team. Just everyone trusting each other and putting their egos in the proper places. Great article and thanks for sharing.

Reaction Score
we sure it's not Ryan Strome missing open nets or Trouba cheap shotting people that lead to penalties? :) yes am still hurting

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom