A big win... | The Boneyard

A big win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not in the grand scheme of things - 3-9 is 3-9 - but in terms of hiring a new coach.

If nothing else, the three-game win streak and the 45-10 blowout today show prospective coaches that this is not an empty cupboard and that there's pieces here to build with.

With a more than competitive salary and top-notch facilities, I think today helps in a big way - TJ deserves a lot of credit.

Reaction Score
Not in the grand scheme of things - 3-9 is 3-9 - but in terms of hiring a new coach.

If nothing else, the three-game win streak and the 45-10 blowout today show prospective coaches that this is not an empty cupboard and that there's pieces here to build with.

With a more than competitive salary and top-notch facilities, I think today helps in a big way - TJ deserves a lot of credit.

Totally agree. TJ deserves a ton of credit for righting the ship and instilling some positive energy into the program.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I wonder if Dez and Ed D still think this team has no talent? What condescending excuses do they have now for PPs awful games?

The lack of talent was on the sidelines...and thankfully that dark period is over.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

You have to look at this offense and think "I can win right away" if you are on our short list.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I wonder if Dez and Ed D still think this team has no talent? What condescending excuses do they have now for PPs awful games?

The lack of talent was on the sidelines...and thankfully that dark period is over.

Yep. Those asssclownns have further eroded any credibility they had as journalists.

They took pot shots at the players based off of personal relationships they built with coaches.

Reaction Score
The ability to show the next coach the improvement and potential of this team over the last 3 games can not be understated. If you're trying to lure a big time name, the performance today might have helped put someone over the edge. Not to mention seeing Newsome put up some ungodly numbers. Who knows.

Reaction Score
Think about the offense next year. Cochran and Boyle. McCombs Delorenzo and Newsome. Davis, Shak ,Foxx, Bradley, Lamelle. If we can fill the holes on the O line next year should be our most talented offense ever IMO
Agreed, but only if the ne HC does not put in a new system with players he has yet to recruit.

Reaction Score
I really like what has started to emerge offensively. Worried that a new OC will mess everything up... Warde is going to have to make some tough decisions.

I am not saying Weist is my top pick. I would say that I prefer him over Ambrose. But good grief write the guy a big check and make him OC if we hire someone else. I also bet he gets some interest from other schools.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Think about the offense next year. Cochran and Boyle. McCombs Delorenzo and Newsome. Davis, Shak ,Foxx, Bradley, Lamelle. If we can fill the holes on the O line next year should be our most talented offense ever IMO

If only we knew of a coach who has consistently developed strong, physical offensive lines that perform as a unit.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I really like what has started to emerge offensively. Worried that a new OC will mess everything up... Warde is going to have to make some tough decisions.

I am not saying Weist is my top pick. I would say that I prefer him over Ambrose. But good grief write the guy a big check and make him OC if we hire someone else. I also bet he gets some interest from other schools.

Definitely prefer Weist over Ambrose and several others. Still, I would have a hard time being unhappy with Narduzzi, Lembo or Clawson.

Reaction Score
I said before and I stand by it. Lembo, Clawson, Narduzzi, Moorehead and Ambrose would all have to say no thanks before TJ got a courtesy interview. Maybe TJ closed the gap on Moorehead and Ambrose. The first three, if any want the job, are no brainers.

If it comes down to a guy like Buffalo's Quinn, go with Weist. He knows the talent on hand and the kids responded to him.

Reaction Score
I think that PGDL did an incredible amount damage to the team. Sometimes it takes a while to turn the ship around when you have built up,so much momentum going in the WRONG direction.

Reaction Score
Is there a backup TE graduating somewhere that would like to immediately play first string at UConn?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My fantasy scenario....Narduzzi as head coach and Weist as OC. Keeps continuity on offense and in the clubhouse and gets our D stronger.

TJ has opened plenty of coaching opportunities for himself since November. No matter if it's an HC gig or as a high-level OC, he's gonna get paid.

We would need an HC who wants to keep him, an AD willing to pay him at least $750K and TJ willing to give UConn a discount.

Because if TJ wants it, there's going to be $1m opportunities for him next season.

Reaction Score
Is there a backup TE graduating somewhere that would like to immediately play first string at UConn?

If we find a tight end look out. The scoreboard will be a pinball machine.

That's another thing in TJ's favor, He' doing this without an experienced tight end.

Reaction Score
These last three games also give our current recruits a reason to step back off the ledge if they were worried about talent.

Reaction Score
If you are a potential coach you worry about QB play and who do you have. Maybe not so much anymore.

Reaction Score
TJ's pay-off for being the interim is an interview and a spot on the new staff (if he wants it). Beating the three bottom dwellers the last three weeks, should not give him the job. It's more or less the payoff any of the potential interim guys could have expected.

Reaction Score
You have to look at this offense and think "I can win right away" if you are on our short list.
with what o-line? Their horrible and whole left side is gone after this year.

Reaction Score
TJ's pay-off for being the interim is an interview and a spot on the new staff (if he wants it). Beating the three bottom dwellers the last three weeks, should not give him the job. It's more or less the payoff any of the potential interim guys could have expected.

I am greatful TJ helped give the program some hope the last 3 weeks. An 0-12 season could have scared off any suitable coaches interest.

But Memphis lost last week at home to Temple 41-21. People who want to give this to TJ are really jumping the gun here. I may end up favoring TJ over some of the names we are hearing. But the people who are ready to hire him based on the last 3 weeks are probably the same ones who were happy that the Coach P hire would make high school CT coaches happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom