A Big Cup Of Azzi | The Boneyard

A Big Cup Of Azzi

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
We all know what a great shooter she is, but her ball handling skills are ridiculous (in a good way)!! The drill where she's dribbling, and getting tennis balls tossed to her to catch and toss back is insane.

Really praying she stays healthy this year and shows everyone what a full season of a 100% Azzi looks like!!!

Reaction Score
Like @Carnac, I agree. What a way to start the day or end the day, watching Azzi shot the rock. Shooting form and mechanics are a thing of beauty. Her handles are tight as well. And I agree with @EricLA as well, I am praying, crossing toes and fingers, that Azzi stays healthy this year and for years to come. We could be watching a future Hall of Famer.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Like @Carnac, I agree. What a way to start the day or end the day, watching Azzi shot the rock. Shooting form and mechanics are a thing of beauty. Her handles are tight as well. And I agree with @EricLA as well, I am praying, crossing toes and fingers, that Azzi stays healthy this year and for years to come. We could be watching a future Hall of Famer.
Shooting form and mechanics are a thing of beauty. Her handles are tight as well = Developing muscle memory, focus, and concentration. :cool:

These videos are a "primer" for the young "want-to-be" players coming through the ranks behind her. If you want to be not good, but great, these are the things (drills) you should do to get there. You don't wake up one morning blessed with these skills. They MUST be developed over time. Put in the work, and get the results.

Last edited:

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I remember seeing Elena Delle Donne warm-up before a game in high school.
It was simply so entertaining just watching her variety of moves and shots...virtually all going in.
Same here with Azzi...perhaps a bit more sizzle due to superior ball-handlling. Just darn fun to see her do her thing.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
WOW, at the end she went 25 for 25 and I believe that Azzi only missed something like 5 out of 100 shots. Can't wait for her on one side with Paige on the other side of the floor. Teams are going to have to pick their poison when on who they will have to guard this season as long as UConn stays healthy. Add in Liya and Ice down low and Nika could end up more than 10 assists every game.

Carnac

Reaction Score
WOW, at the end she went 25 for 25 and I believe that Azzi only missed something like 5 out of 100 shots. Can't wait for her on one side with Paige on the other side of the floor. Teams are going to have to pick their poison when on who they will have to guard this season as long as UConn stays healthy. Add in Liya and Ice down low and Nika could end up more than 10 assists every game.
Exactly!!! Teams can't double-team any of our players, and they sure better not try and press us. We're NOT going to have a problem scoring points!!! ;) Even on nights 1-2, starters are cold, Geno will have reserves on the bench that aren't cold and can light up the scoreboard. The only unknown about this team is the level of defense they will play........low, medium, or high?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Exactly!!! Teams can't double-team any of our players, and they sure better not try and press us. We're NOT going to have a problem scoring points!!! ;) Even on nights 1-2, starters are cold, Geno will have reserves on the bench that aren't cold and can light up the scoreboard. The only unknown about this team is the level of defense they will play........low, medium, or high?
I have a funny feeling that it is going to be HIGH from the very beginning of every game, then let up a little bit after they get a big lead. Bringing in the subs so they can rest the starters. Hopefully by the end of the season they will be able to play a faster pace game than they were able to play last year. Can't wait to see some videos of the European games.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Of course, I'm hoping for the high end, in that UConn can limit their opponents to LESS than 50 ppg. 14.75 points per quarter. If they can do that, it will feed the bulldog. ;)

Carnac

Reaction Score
I know you're being facetious here, but two problems immediately come to mind........with Azzi taking that many shots the rest of the team would become SPECTATORS, and cease to remain engaged on the offensive end, and begin to stand around while watching Azzi create and/or take her shots. That philosophy flies in the face of what Geno told Qadence about passing the ball (dropping a dime) sometimes and making two people happy. :D

Reaction Score
There is so much talent here that if healthy UCONN might be averaging close to 100 points a game!
Last season UCONN had about 70 points sitting on the bench not able to play so if those players can play we can dig down for 30 points from our other players!

Carnac

Reaction Score
Of course, I'm hoping for the high end, in that UConn can limit their opponents to LESS than 50 ppg. 14.75 points per quarter. If they can do that, it will feed the bulldog. ;)
Correction.........that should be 59 ppg or less.

Reaction Score
Love watching Azzi shoot but was equally impressed, prior to last year's injuries, regarding her improved defense. Much more fluid and physical. Got to her spots and anticipated well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom