A BC blurb about potentially playing UConn | The Boneyard

A BC blurb about potentially playing UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anybody else read this:

https://trove.com/a/REPOST--It-Time...witter&ts=1441960076&utm_source=sns&nocrawl=1

I sure hope this game happens. Love the bulletin board material. We're not the same undermanned team that DanO led way back when.

Reaction Score
Man, I actually stomached reading (most) of that article. Funny thing is you could swap BC and UCONN throughout that article and a Boneyarder could have written it!

We really should be settling this cr@p on the field.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
The only thing 'superior' about The Depths is their penchant for backstabbing their partners. Whatevs.

But we know how this game is played: BCU leaks a story or two about possibly playing UConn, CT fans and media take the bait for a couple of days, BCU then announces a football series with the Washington Huskies or something. Rinse and repeat.

A$$hats.

That said, I would buy tickets to a game against those dudes in a second - and on the low, so would most BCU fans. Bring it on already...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How the tune has changed. The denizens of 'Nut Hill for years have cried that they are too elite to dignify playing UConn in football. Now one of their own is editorializing about the merits of such a matchup & pointing their disdain at the fans of the Minutemen. Ironic & hilarious.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Had to go back and read it.
Hang 50 on UConn? When has BC hung even 40 on anyone? Sorry dude.......times are a changing. UConn is on the rise AGAIN. Man....if this were to ever happen (which may be a loooong time)...I may need to be locked up the week before the game.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Man, I actually stomached reading (most) of that article. Funny thing is you could swap BC and UCONN throughout that article and a Boneyarder could have written it!

The way I read it, they understand the anger and how good it would be to play each other... sorta like the emperor telling Luke to embrace the dark side, to feel the hate sure through...

I get what he's saying.. and you're right, that is a funny, common perspective that both fanbases share

Reaction Score
Uconn is playing Missouri, has played Michigan, has Illinois on the schedule, BYU again t this year, the only thing appealing about this game is the local slant. We could play UMass for the same effect.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Well, reading that certainly made my blood boil this morning. Would love to make him eat his words, bring on the game!

Reaction Score
BCU and its followers spend so much time talking about UConn, it amazes me. Obviously, if we were so far beneath them, there would be nothing to talk about.

Reaction Score
BCU and its followers spend so much time talking about UConn, it amazes me. Obviously, if we were so far beneath them, there would be nothing to talk about.

That's all it is is talk. They want to prove they are better? Gillette Stadium, any day, any time. Split the gate. Prove it there. Lets see who puts more fannies in the seats and more points on the board.

Come on you UConn graphics wizards..lets see a pic of our beloved Jonathon with an eagle feather sticking out of his grinning mouth and a pile of them at his feet.

Reaction Score
If they want to be on equal footing, they'd invite us to the ACC. Otherwise....hello, Big Ten! Mention "UConn to Big Ten" to BC fans and it puts the fear of God in them.

Reaction Score

The essence of a great rivalry. Nothing manufactured, it evolves from a mutual animosity. This, in a nutshell, is why it should happen.

Reaction Score
Come on you UConn graphics wizards..lets see a pic of our beloved Jonathon with an eagle feather sticking out of his grinning mouth and a pile of them at his feet.

Here you go!

12004082_10205865207803582_8435076670011563908_n.jpg

Attachments

• Husky vs Eagle.png
    Husky vs Eagle.png
    124.4 KB · Views: 7

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If they want to be on equal footing, they'd invite us to the ACC. Otherwise....hello, Big Ten! Mention "UConn to Big Ten" to BC fans and it puts the fear of God in them.
If UConn were to end up the B1G making significantly more TV revenue than BC (or 'cuse) it would be a great and satisfying irony of the whole CR debacle. We'd end up financially secure and being the dominant NE team, largely because those c-skrs decided to try do off the field what they couldn't do on the field (and court.)

Reaction Score
If UConn were to end up the B1G making significantly more TV revenue than BC (or 'cuse) it would be a great and satisfying irony of the whole CR debacle. We'd end up financially secure and being the dominant NE team, largely because those c-skrs decided to try do off the field what they couldn't do on the field (and court.)
We'd be the dominant athletic department in the northeast extending to UMD and Penn State. That's a very large footprint.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
But we know how this game is played: BCU leaks a story or two about possibly playing UConn, CT fans and media take the bait for a couple of days, BCU then announces a football series with the Washington Huskies or something. Rinse and repeat.

A$$hats.

That said, I would buy tickets to a game against those dudes in a second - and on the low, so would most BCU fans. Bring it on already...

Washington??? They're more likely to schedule Northeastern than they are UConn. As our BC trolls remind us constantly, the list of BC New England rivals goes:

1. UMass
2. Maine
3. Northeastern
4. Central Connecticut
5. Rhode Island
6. Wesleyan
7. Vermont
8. New Hampshire
9. Yale
10. Holy Cross

1382 (Tie): UConn; New England Tractor Trailer School

Reaction Score
Washington??? They're more likely to schedule Northeastern than they are UConn. As our BC trolls remind us constantly, the list of BC New England rivals goes:

1. UMass
2. Maine
3. Northeastern
4. Central Connecticut
5. Rhode Island
6. Wesleyan
7. Vermont
8. New Hampshire
9. Yale
10. Holy Cross

1382 (Tie): UConn; New England Tractor Trailer School

We are tied with the New England Tractor Trailer School? Are we ahead of the Connecticut School of Broadcasting and Goodwin College?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom