99 coming in, 105 going out | The Boneyard

99 coming in, 105 going out

Reaction Score
Best Sox win since the 2013 WS.

Anyone notice Ramirez saved the rest of Sanchez's season? Guy was expecting a breaking ball and turned his head at the last millisecond when he realized he was getting a 99mph heater on the side of his coconut if Hanley doesn't swing. Major concussion averted.

Reaction Score
Nice win for sure. Send Joe G a thank you too for what was an awful managing job.

Having said that without Miller, Chapman I was scared *less of our bullpen vs that lineup late in the game. Hence why Tanaka should have come out for the 8th and why Warren should have come out for the 9th. Betances is a mere tired shadow of himself who has been waling the park and not getting ahead of hitters, which would be a nightmare against the Sox. And Joe, pinch hit McCann with bases loaded for a professional hitter like Butler? What a dope.

Congrats, Yanks out now for sure, you guys stay in lead and need to say there with that staff, need to have home turf for one advantage.

Reaction Score
Nice win for sure. Send Joe G a thank you too for what was an awful managing job.

Having said that without Miller, Chapman I was scared *less of our bullpen vs that lineup late in the game. Hence why Tanaka should have come out for the 8th and why Warren should have come out for the 9th. Betances is a mere tired shadow of himself who has been waling the park and not getting ahead of hitters, which would be a nightmare against the Sox. And Joe, pinch hit McCann with bases loaded for a professional hitter like Butler? What a dope.

Congrats, Yanks out now for sure, you guys stay in lead and need to say there with that staff, need to have home turf for one advantage.
Agree on Betances. He was falling behind throwing a lot of breaking balls. For some reason he didn't trust his 99 mph fastball. I could see Girardi going with Betances for a couple of hitters but when it was clear he didn't have it Girardi should have pulled him.

Reaction Score
Agree on Betances. He was falling behind throwing a lot of breaking balls. For some reason he didn't trust his 99 mph fastball. I could see Girardi going with Betances for a couple of hitters but when it was clear he didn't have it Girardi should have pulled him.

His 98-99 heater is flat now, and when not it's not near the strike zone. He's human way too much use and he's not Mariano. Agree he should have been removed, especially a lefty for Papi.

Reaction Score
I watched Ramirez strike out feebly on breaking balls the previous night when he was also trying to hit the ball 500 feet to make up for a one-run deficit. Just not smart pitching, throw a breaking ball in the dirt, better to risk the 25% chance he doesn't swing and put him on first base.

That loss has gotta really sting especially adding kicker that Ortiz now has more home runs than Mickey Mantle. Is this what it was like when Sox were your for 50 some-odd years ;) ?

Reaction Score
Best Sox win since the 2013 WS.

Anyone notice Ramirez saved the rest of Sanchez's season? Guy was expecting a breaking ball and turned his head at the last millisecond when he realized he was getting a 99mph heater on the side of his coconut if Hanley doesn't swing. Major concussion averted.

That was amazing. I've never seen a catcher react that way. I think you're right that he was crossed up. He was expecting Betances to bounce a curve down and away and he wasn't going to get his mitt up for a fast ball so he started to duck. That will give the umpire something to think about in the future.

Reaction Score

Who knows if Tanaka bailed on Girardi but Girardi said Tanaka was tired when he was asked why Tanaka didn't come out.
If he's on 4 days rest that would explain things as he's probably still used to 5 days rest from his Japan days and from NY trying to set him up for 5 days every chance they can.

Reaction Score
That was amazing. I've never seen a catcher react that way. I think you're right that he was crossed up. He was expecting Betances to bounce a curve down and away and he wasn't going to get his mitt up for a fast ball so he started to duck. That will give the umpire something to think about in the future.
what's especially strange is that Sanchez goes to the mound more than any catcher I can remember so how are they crossed up? Literally every 3 pitches he was out to the mound last night.

Reaction Score
I watched Ramirez strike out feebly on breaking balls the previous night when he was also trying to hit the ball 500 feet to make up for a one-run deficit. Just not smart pitching, throw a breaking ball in the dirt, better to risk the 25% chance he doesn't swing and put him on first base.

That loss has gotta really sting especially adding kicker that Ortiz now has more home runs than Mickey Mantle. Is this what it was like when Sox were your for 50 some-odd years ;) ?

He wishes he was Mickey Mantle biatch!;)

Reaction Score
Who knows if Tanaka bailed on Girardi but Girardi said Tanaka was tired when he was asked why Tanaka didn't come out.
If he's on 4 days rest that would explain things as he's probably still used to 5 days rest from his Japan days and from NY trying to set him up for 5 days every chance they can.

Tanaka didn't bail and he's thrown quite a few over 100 pitch games and this was one he needed to stay in. They were waving at .

Reaction Score
Get the broom out and siyanara to the Stanks. Hanley en fuego yikes!

Better team won and is in good shape to win division. Nice year Sox fans.

Oh yeah I had fun anyway, the rousing applause when God came out of the dugout and struck out against Scranton's best made a bad night pretty damn good!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Get the broom out and siyanara to the Stanks. Hanley en fuego yikes!

Better team won and is in good shape to win division. Nice year Sox fans.

Oh yeah I had fun anyway, the rousing applause when God came out of the dugout and struck out against Scranton's best made a bad night pretty damn good!
The Yankees are doing the right thing and getting younger. Sanchez is a beast.

Reaction Score
The Yankees are doing the right thing and getting younger. Sanchez is a beast.

Yep no doubt. And as fast as Hanleys left the other night last night Sanchez blast was wow. That was a laser plus.

Reaction Score

Oh, that's hysterical. Mantle compared to his peers put up an OPS+ of 172 (Over 170 nine times) and led the league 6 times. Ortiz is at 141 (over 170 twice) and this would be the first year he will have led the league in OPS. And do we really need to mention that Mantle didn't play in the steroid era, nor was he PART of the steroid era. Mantle also won the MVP three times and came in second three other times (and one 3rd).

Making note that Ortiz has more HRs than Mantle is on par with noting that Bonds has more HR than Babe Ruth.

Reaction Score
Oh, that's hysterical. Mantle compared to his peers put up an OPS+ of 172 (Over 170 nine times) and led the league 6 times. Ortiz is at 141 (over 170 twice) and this would be the first year he will have led the league in OPS. And do we really need to mention that Mantle didn't play in the steroid era, nor was he PART of the steroid era. Mantle also won the MVP three times and came in second three other times (and one 3rd).

Making note that Ortiz has more HRs than Mantle is on par with noting that Bonds has more HR than Babe Ruth.
Thanks for providing the evidence as to how & why it stings ;)

Reaction Score
Thanks for providing the evidence as to how & why it stings ;)

Nah we get it Deac. Check the numbers the proof is there because he did zero until he found Manny, no need to think he's The Mick, it ain't close. It is according to what baseball let's him put up but we know, hell you guys know you just won't go there. But hey, dream on!;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom