900 to go to sell out Oklahoma game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

900 to go to sell out Oklahoma game

Reaction Score
A lot of the fun of attending is feeding off the crowd! Last year I saw a number of games at Gampel including Baylor and SC - the atmosphere was great! Oddly enough I am calmer watching in the stands than I am at home. I am fairly close to the Sun so enjoy watching games there. Last year I watched the Texas game from the "nosebleeds" - very last row in the corner. Still had a good view and also enjoyed the scoreboard replays.
For OK I am down close to the floor!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I also like the excitement of being at a game where the adrenalin from the crowd seems to energize the team. The best times I've ever had at a game were BE tournament games at MSG involving the men. But as much as I enjoy being at a women's game the level of excitement is several levels lower. I stopped going mostly because my knees made the price of the walk too steep but even when I attended games I felt like I was anywhere but at a basketball game. I don't know how many times I stood to cheer a run only to look around and see maybe 3 or 4 other people within 20 feet standing with me. I've never seen a more sedate bunch in my life. They seem to applaud the first basket only because it means they can sit, which is where they stay till halftime and they get up to go to the concessions.
The only games I've been to in the last several years that had any semblance of crowd excitement have been regional NCAA games in either Bridgeport or Albany, or the Maggie Dixon game at the garden where I sat surrounded by BYarders.

Judging from your narrative, it sounds like your seats are surrounded by..................a "mature" group of folks, that do not easily succumb to urges to stand and cheer a good play, or a big basket by the home team. If your knees do not allow you to do stairs, I completely understand. A lot of folks pass that threshold at some point. You are best served with seats in the bottom section.

I'd sit in the upper row of the bowl if that was all I could get. However, If I had my choice, I'd be sitting court side if I could find 2 seats for sale, especially traveling as far I would be coming to see the game. The game would take on a completely different perspective for me if I could view it from court side seats, as opposed to seats in the last row at the top. I'll have a great seat for the game, my recliner directly in from of my BIG screen, and only a few steps from the refrigerator.

Last edited by a moderator:

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Kinda harsh Monte. The very best way to see football is on TV, with replays and isolation shots but stadiums still fill so that the fans can be a part of the excitement.

I've been a Uconn wbb fan for almost 25 years and because I live at such a distance I've only ever been to Gampel once. I'd be buying some sort of ticket package if I lived close enough to attend more regularly and it's not because I think that you can see the game better from the stands; it's because I want to be a part of the excitement of being there.

When I have seen them at the XL Center or The Garden I watch the replay at home afterwards to see what I missed by being there. Still I won't soon forget Saniya's three from the corner against Maryland even though from where I was sitting (surrounded by othe Boneyarders) I didn't see the ball leave her hands.

What we all felt (us Uconn fans) as the ball passed through the net was worth more than the price of admission or the effort it took for me to get to NYC.
Yes, you supported my point. I like BASKETBALL. Some people like excitement.
If i had a front row seat??, Then, I would see basketball, and be excited.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
The best way to watch a game is in person - and then go home and watch the replay on TV.

I am sometimes a bit loud cheering at the game. I have been asked by old ladies in Gampel to please quiet down.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
That's thinking outside the box. Dangle a carrot in front of your would be customers. Some of them will take the bait, some won't. You have nothing to lose by making the offer.

That would be a 9 grand give away. It ain't gonna' happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom