#9 Washington St vs #8 South Florida - 3/21/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
NCAA Tournament First Round
Mercado Region
San Antonio, TX - 9:30 PM ET

TV: ESPN2 (Kevin Fitzgerald, Christy Thomaskutty)

Video stream:
#9 Washington State vs. #8 South Florida (First Round) (NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament) | Watch ESPN (tvpli)

Audio:

Live stats:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m hoping that Wazzu can continue to carry the banner for the PAC-12. Oregon State already showed just how tough the middle of the PAC can be.

Wazzu off to a decent start, 7-4

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I’m hoping that Wazzu can continue to carry the banner for the PAC-12. Oregon State already showed just how tough the middle of the PAC can be.

Wazzu off to a decent start, 7-4
If OSU had exhibited its current form from the start of the season, they would not have been middle of the conference.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Nah, just indifferent to USF. Post season I just like the conference to look good.
Okay, so basically you don't want Wazzu to reach the postseason since you root against them throughout the regular season. But once they get to the postseason you're all for them?

Reaction Score
If OSU had exhibited its current form from the start of the season, they would not have been middle of the conference.
If Arkansas showed the same form as the UConn game all season, they would’ve won the SEC.

Sometimes it just takes time for a team to gel—and especially given some of the youth and new faces on Oregon State, understandable it took time.

As for rooting for teams? I think we all have teams in conference we love to root against, but come tourney, it makes our team look better if the PAC does well in the tourney.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Okay, so basically you don't want Wazzu to reach the postseason since you root against them throughout the regular season. But once they get to the postseason you're all for them?
That sounds weird when you put it like that.

They're a great story. First Tourney in 30 years, hard not to feel good for them. I wasn't sure they would get in, but since they are here they might as well have a good showing.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Perhaps I should inquire how fond some of our BY friends were of Central Florida while they were in the AAC, yet they might still root for them in the Tourney.

Plebe

Reaction Score
That sounds weird when you put it like that.

They're a great story. First Tourney in 30 years, hard not to feel good for them. I wasn't sure they would get in, but since they are here they might as well have a good showing.
I'm a bit torn. I'll be happy for whichever team wins this one. I am a lifelong Kamie Ethridge fan so that makes it hard for me to ever root against her team.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Perhaps I should inquire how fond some of our BY friends were of Central Florida while they were in the AAC, yet they might still root for them in the Tourney.
Not a lot of history there to go on. UCF just went to the NCAAs one time, two years ago, and I don't recall any other UConn fans getting too hopped up or shedding any tears when they lost to ASU in the 1st round. I was rooting for UCF but then again I don't fit the mold.

Plebe

Reaction Score
If Arkansas showed the same form as the UConn game all season, they would’ve won the SEC.
Okay then I'll hold you to that principle as Oregon sets out to represent "the top" of the conference tomorrow :)

Reaction Score
Okay then I'll hold you to that principle as Oregon sets out to represent "the top" of the conference tomorrow :)

I mean, Oregon, while finishing fourth is potentially playing without at least three starters. Oregon State really only meshed after the Covid pause and the arrival of Talia V.O, but sure, make any judgements you want!

Plebe

Reaction Score
I mean, Oregon, while finishing fourth is potentially playing without at least three starters. Oregon State really only meshed after the Covid pause and the arrival of Talia V.O, but sure, make any judgements you want!
Ha okay so now there are mitigating factors. ٍSo the "middle" of the conference gets all credit for the OSU win but no one can hold it against the "top" of the conference if UO doesn't do well :)

Plebe

Reaction Score
USF with a huge 2Q, 25-14, to take the lead into halftime.

As Tsineke goes, they usually go. She leads all scorers with 12 on an efficient 5-9 (2-2 from 3).

C. Leger-Walker has 11 so far, but only 2-8 from the floor.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
C. Leger-Walker has 11 so far, but only 2-8 from the floor.
She has not been efficient in most of their games.

WSU is offensively challenged, but usually their D is good enough to keep them in games.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
WSU erased a 9 point halftime deficit and briefly grabbed the lead. Midway thru Q3.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This announcer has his own unique approach on pronouncing Teder, haven't heard it that way all year. He makes it sound French.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It just occurred to me that this must surely be the game that pits the two most geographically distant schools (Pullman WA to Tampa FL).

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Down to the wire. USF up 1 w/ a minute left.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Ledger-Walker trying to cling on to that ball for dear life.

Can't have 3 possessions as badly played as Washington State's in those last 3.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom