9 Questions with Katie Lou | The Boneyard

9 Questions with Katie Lou

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
9 Questions With Katie Lou Samuelson

Short Q&A with Katie Lou from the Sky website. Doesn't go into too much detail, but I thought it might be of some interest.

I thought the most interesting part was this link to a video of Katie Lou's draft night phone call with Sky Coach/GM James Wade. (Wade is an assistant coach for UMMC Ekaterinburg, so he was overseas on draft night).

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I’m a little confused by Lou’s comment that she had only been to Chicago once, when she was in HS. Evidently, her two games against the Blue Demons at Depaul didn’t make much of an impression.

Reaction Score
I’m a little confused by Lou’s comment that she had only been to Chicago once, when she was in HS. Evidently, her two games against the Blue Demons at Depaul didn’t make much of an impression.
DePaul is on the north side and resembles Evanston more than Chicago. From O’hare to that location, she wouldn’t have seen any of the city.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
DePaul is on the north side and resembles Evanston more than Chicago. From O’hare to that location, she wouldn’t have seen any of the city.

She's actually played against DePaul at two different locations in Chicago. The game last year was played at Wintrust Arena on the near South Side. Two years before that, the game was at DePaul's on-campus arena in Lincoln Park.

I've never thought that Lincoln Park resembles anything other than the North Side of Chicago. I guess it's one of the most affluent neighborhoods in Chicago so it's not representative of Chicago as a whole, but it's still a part of Chicago.

I don't know how you can get from O'Hare to Lincoln Park without seeing any of the city. Unless you don't think that any of the North Side counts as the city, which would be quite a unique take.

Reaction Score

Yeah this is not true at all. Depaul (and their former arena) in is Lincoln Park, which is in the middle of the city basically. It is one of the most desirable neighborhoods to live in.

The stadium now is down near McCormick Place, which is on the south side, which is far less populated than LP. Most of us work in what tourists would think of as Chicago (Millenium park etc.), but far more people live in neighborhoods like LP. You are right though, that Evanston is not Chicago lol.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Lou played the McDonald's AA Game in Chicago in 2015.

I thought her club team, Cal Swish, played there in 2012 or 2013. Too many years have gone by for me to remember.

Reaction Score
Yeah this is not true at all. Depaul (and their former arena) in is Lincoln Park, which is in the middle of the city basically. It is one of the most desirable neighborhoods to live in.

The stadium now is down near McCormick Place, which is on the south side, which is far less populated than LP. Most of us work in what tourists would think of as Chicago (Millenium park etc.), but far more people live in neighborhoods like LP. You are right though, that Evanston is not Chicago lol.

I was trying to put it in the perspective of why Lou would say that. I drove my daughter from Arlington Heights to DePaul for Doug’s camp three separate summers; she never thought we had entered Chicago. To her, the city was downtown. She was wrong, of course, but she didn’t live there.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Lots more good stuff from Coach Wade on Katie Lou in this article - Q&A: Sky GM and Head Coach James Wade on Draft Picks, What He Wants Chicago to be Known for This Season

1555515838729.png

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

If the team didn't spend a decent amount of time in Chicago when they were there playing DePaul, I get why she talks about never being there. If they went from the airport to the gym back to the airport, I wouldn't personally count it as a visit either.

Reaction Score
If the team didn't spend a decent amount of time in Chicago when they were there playing DePaul, I get why she talks about never being there. If they went from the airport to the gym back to the airport, I wouldn't personally count it as a visit either.

Of course that's why she stated what she did. C'mon guys, wise up and give her credit. If you had an airline stop over at O'Hare and never left the plane, would you tell people you had been to Chicago? Really?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom