9 Games Left in Regular Season - Final Record Predictions? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

9 Games Left in Regular Season - Final Record Predictions?

Reaction Score
I think it's very winnable, but we're gonna need the non-ECU Jalen tomorrow.

Reaction Score
17-14- I think we pull off the win at Memphis and easily win at Witchia State. Possible that we lose to Memphis and beat Temple once but either way we will be 17-14 and in the NIT. I'll take it.
Don't think that'll get you in the NIT. People forget that all conference regular season champions that don't make the NCAA Tournament get in so that takes away a bunch of spots. Plus we're not in the OBE any more. 17-14 doesn't get you very far these days.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Every game is a toss. Literally. KenPom has us going 4-5 with every game played within 5 points aside from a 10 point win at ECU. He has us losing the next 5 and winning the final 4.
I have...
@ Temple W
@ Memphis L
Houston L
@ SMU W
Cincy W
@ WSU W
USF W
Temple W
@ECU W

Maybe flip the Temple and Memphis results. Possibly steal home W vs Houston. Possibly loss at SMU (another venue we’ve never won at).
Go into a wide open AAC Tournament 20-11 and we’ll see...

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
No one predicting 6 straight wins in the NCAA Tourney? What a bunch of sissy’s.

Reaction Score
Wow you are kind of pessimistic.
KO would have been expected to have done better than that with 10 returning guys.
Or I would have been calling for him to be fired and I have a soft spot for coaches.
If that happens than it’s an epic fail by Hurley there is no other way to spin it.
(I’m assuming a healthy Gilbert and Adams hasn’t quit the team. )
Every single game on the schedule is winnable. There is not one power team in the AAC especially in road games.
Even Houston or Cinncy at Home are 50-50
I think 19-20 wins is doable.
We have 13 wins
Hold serve we ‘re at 17 than either 2-3 or 3-2 on the road that19 or 20
That’s still not enough for the NCAA without a big AAC run ( finals)
Yes, I freely admit that the possibility of another losing season is a pessimistic prediction. However, with this group, even though they have been playing better, one never knows which team will show up under the pressure of having to win in order to qualify for the NIT.

What I meant by the "?" is that the game could be a Win. If they were to win these 4 games, they would finish 19-12. With 1 or 2 wins in the AAC tourney, they would probably qualify for the NIT; and THAT would be a great achievement for both Hurley and the players.

Thanks to all for sharing your thoughts.

Reaction Score
Perhaps after JA went down last evening, the previous loss of AG, and the absolute inability of the rest to play aggressive defense, pessimism is more appropriate than optimism at this point?

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
If Adams and Gilbert are gone for the rest of the season, we likely don't win another game. Maybe we steal a win or two at Wichita St. and/or at ECU, but we're winless on the road already, with both of them in the lineup for the most part.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom