#9 Baylor in a dog fight with #18 Oklahoma | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#9 Baylor in a dog fight with #18 Oklahoma

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
What a whiner.

Whiner? Oh! I though you said weiner.

1754ED32-ABB8-4BB5-BC65-AA7D531F4007.jpeg

Other Big 12 teams should use this video when recruiting against Baylor.

Is there any truth to the rumor (You heard it first right here.) that
Nicki learned ref bashing while passing through Knoxville?

Can anyone imagine Kim debasing herself and her team this way? Didn't think so.

Reaction Score
A lot of stress going around. Hemingway's
comment of " Grace under pressure" comes to mind.

Reaction Score
"upon further review".... I just listened to the post game 'presser'
from each Head Coach.
I found the explaination from the Oklahoma Head Coach helpful in my
understanding. They planned to travel by bus the day
before... weather interferred....... they planned to take
a plane on game day. ... it was cancelled. .. they then
got a bus but hit rush hour traffic ... Also.. Norman to
Waco is 270 miles and 4 hours 27 minutes travel time
in best conditions ( GOOGLE TRAVEL site ). So I think
one coach misunderstood all the issues involved and.... well
........ it was a tough , physical WBB game.

Reaction Score
from each Head Coach.
Agree totally:

One Coach (and University support team) did everything to "Adapt & Overcome" [Marines and special forces adage], and one team lost while trying to get the game played to climb up the standings in the Conference, and push the other down in the standings...

Started great for Baylor, but OU got their shots to drop after about 12 minutes. Baylor still had multiple chances to win it late...

Very tough loss [for Baylor and the first year Head Coach], and IMO "pressers" should have the winning coach and players first, to allow the losing side to think through the loss so they do not have to "think aloud" immediately following the game, and run into the mistake of airing the "not-so-flattering" comments that are not fully thought through regarding their players and officials.
Very cringeworty "Presser"...

Reaction Score
from each Head Coach.
Which is why Colleen’s comments are ridiculous and come off as sore loser. Things happen that’s out of anyones control sometimes. Then she made it sound like it was so courteous to start the game late despite the circumstances :D

I can’t fathom to hear her press conference after Texas if she thinks OU is aggressive defensively. Wait till she sees Texas… I’m gonna have my popcorn ready on that one

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hope she uses that press conference as a teachable moment for herself. She just made herself look really bad IMO. She only took some accountability after bitching about everything else, and even then it didn't feel sincere. Others have mentioned this but I'm wondering if she's finally feeling the pressure...even though I'm not sure she knows how to handle it.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Maybe she's hoping that the loss doesn't put the team as a 4 seed and have to play against the 1 seed vs a 2 seed when it comes to the tournament.

Reaction Score
Maybe she's hoping that the loss doesn't put the team as a 4 seed and have to play against the 1 seed vs a 2 seed when it comes to the tournament.
I am sure there is a lot of pressure as Baylor has won the Big 12 the last 11 years. Nicki comes in and they are not only in danger of not winning the conference, they may not even finish top 3 in their own conference. They could also lose out on a potential chance to host the 1st and 2nd round if they aren't a 4 seed. That and having a much more difficult matchup in the tournament. The expectations were pretty high for that job considering what Baylor has done over the years. Time will tell but she seems to be really feeling the pressure based off last nights press conference and post game handshake (she literally just barely touched the OU coaches hands and kept walking)

Reaction Score
Well actually Kim had two transfers signed, plus the #13 recruit coming in who all three bolted when Kim took the LSU job. The two transfers ended up at Syracuse and the recruit landed at Arkansas. So I wouldn’t really say she left it bare, because they have talent. It’s just that Nicki couldn’t hold on to all the recruits Kim had signed. Which isn’t Kim’s fault.
It's kind of her fault in that she left.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So TX vs Baylor tonight. ESPN2 8PM. Normally no rooting interest but pulling hard for TX. Better chance of Nikki blowing up :)

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
So TX vs Baylor tonight. ESPN2 8PM. Normally no rooting interest but pulling hard for TX. Better chance of Nikki blowing up :)
And I believe that the rematch, changing home team, is scheduled for Sunday, also on ESPN2. (It won't interfere with watching our game.)

Reaction Score
and Baylor responds with a statement win vs Texas, they play again on Sunday and I expect Baylor to lose.
Either way if people think Baylor is going to dramatically all out of seedings for playing 3 games vs top 15 teams they are mistaken.

Reaction Score
and Baylor responds with a statement win vs Texas, they play again on Sunday and I expect Baylor to lose.
Either way if people think Baylor is going to dramatically all out of seedings for playing 3 games vs top 15 teams they are mistaken.
Hello to the Boneyard. It's been a while since I posted (I retired from the Baylor faculty a year ago and took a self-imposed hiatus from most sports-related posting).
BU/Niki Collen traveled to Austin this afternoon and won the second home and home. 2-0 sweep of UT for Bears/Collen in this season of starting over. Fairly well played. Just the opposite of our 2 games vs. Oklahoma.

Jekyl and Hyde team this year--going only as far as Nalyssa Smith can take us.

Our roster is so patched together. 8 players on the roster. Only 2 bona fide BIGs--and that's counting on Smith to do most of the heavy-duty work in the lane.

Egbo simply refuses to grow up mentally enough that she can be trusted on to stay on the court and out of foul trouble. Been that way for her entire career.

Team of tired legs. And KState coming to town on Wednesday.

Best wishes for getting all your guys healthy. Congrats on winning your longtime matchup with Tennessee.

Reaction Score
Hello to the Boneyard. It's been a while since I posted (I retired from the Baylor faculty a year ago and took a self-imposed hiatus from most sports-related posting).
BU/Niki Collen traveled to Austin this afternoon and won the second home and home. 2-0 sweep of UT for Bears/Collen in this season of starting over. Fairly well played. Just the opposite of our 2 games vs. Oklahoma.

Jekyl and Hyde team this year--going only as far as Nalyssa Smith can take us.

Our roster is so patched together. 8 players on the roster. Only 2 bona fide BIGs--and that's counting on Smith to do most of the heavy-duty work in the lane.

Egbo simply refuses to grow up mentally enough that she can be trusted on to stay on the court and out of foul trouble. Been that way for her entire career.

Team of tired legs. And KState coming to town on Wednesday.

Best wishes for getting all your guys healthy. Congrats on winning your longtime matchup with Tennessee.
yea I jumped the gun definitely thought it would be a split lol, congrats this was a huge win. I feel for the hc she definitely getting a lot of scrutiny, not easy to replace a legend as Tenn is figuring that out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom