Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
7f9s66.jpg

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Sticky notes, or was it note cards?

It was blue index cards. Calhoun had been prepping the team to beat Duke all season. Unknown if there were cards of other colors for different teams he might have faced. JC knew he had a team that could beat most everyone that year, he was preparing the team to beat Duke, the consensus pick to win it all.

Though everyone forgets that UConn was #1 for more weeks that season than Duke.

Reaction Score
“You’ve only just begun. Right now, you’re 80 minutes from Houston,” Calhoun said in a video posted to UConn Men’s Basketball’s Instagram account. “You’re going on a weekend trip, 80 minutes. If I were you, I could smell it. You know, guaranteed, 50 years in basketball. Some guys I’ve had up here, you know, the teams I had… you’re more than good enough to do it.

“Bring yourself and bring everyone else with you. You’ve got something special going on. I can feel it. When you are this good this late now, it’s a great sign. You ain’t sagging. You’re ready to fly. Let’s get the 80 minutes. Let’s bring it in.”

Reaction Score
It was blue index cards. Calhoun had been prepping the team to beat Duke all season. Unknown if there were cards of other colors for different teams he might have faced. JC knew he had a team that could beat most everyone that year, he was preparing the team to beat Duke, the consensus pick to win it all.

Though everyone forgets that UConn was #1 for more weeks that season than Duke.
goosebumps. Husky champs and Stones in Hartford, back to back

Reaction Score
goosebumps. Husky champs and Stones in Hartford, back to back
I remember it well :) Also remember JC saying UCLA was the only team he thought could beat us and too bad it was before the FF :(

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Hopefully this time we get to play them in the elite 8 and get by them this time. The year they beat us when we had ray allen still stings. To date still the greatest UConn player ever and he never got to a final four. I was living in SC when he was in high school. Dalziel ,SC. After he committed to UConn I started going to his high school games. He looked like a winner in high school. Unfortunately they started to compare him the MJ, and he came in with a ton of pressure. Until I saw JH jumper thought he had the purest release ever. JH shot is even prettier.

Reaction Score
Itd be insane if Hurley brought home the 5th. That would have to be some sort of record wouldnt it? 3 different coaches with a national title at the same school in less than 15 years?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Itd be insane if Hurley brought home the 5th. That would have to be some sort of record wouldnt it? 3 different coaches with a national title at the same school in less than 15 years?
They say “blue blood” status means success over multiple eras and multiple coaches. Would be hard to deny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom