80+ against the zone | The Boneyard

80+ against the zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's pretty good, the zone killed us last year. Hamilton at the foul line is ridiculous. Loved the play where he faked the pass to Brimah and the lane completely opened up so he went right to the rim.

We put Facey in that spot a lot and need to get a little more out of him. Same with Miller. But as long we have DHam, we should be be much better against the zone. Thank God.

Reaction Score
And they attacked the zone effectively in 2 different ways…

The 3 pointer in the first half & then Hamilton getting in the paint in the second half.

Sweet to have those options this year.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I actually thought they could have been more aggressive in attacking the zone - there were a good number of possessions where Shonn was camped 24' from the basket and no one really made much effort to penetrate. And I think DH could be a little more selfish at times - I'd like to see him taking more than eight shots a game.

All that said, 85 points is 85 points.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
...and now they have tape on it. It's game two. Things are just going to improve.

(We're doomed.)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I actually thought they could have been more aggressive in attacking the zone - there were a good number of possessions where Shonn was camped 24' from the basket and no one really made much effort to penetrate. And I think DH could be a little more selfish at times - I'd like to see him taking more than eight shots a game.

All that said, 85 points is 85 points.

Did you catch the sign above door leading out to the court in the post game? "Greatness begins where selfishness ends."

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
After the game on WTIC, Glen Miller said UNH played zero zone last year or in their first game this year, and that we hadn't prepared for it at all. That explains the somewhat slow start. In the 2nd half, they shredded the zone.

C

Chief00

I thought we could have attack the zone better the first half but maybe lack of preparation explains it.
To me the biggest take away from the game is Gibbs shooting - since the defense can't concentrate on him here he should get better looks than last season against all but the elite teams.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
New Hampshire played a very saggy, packed in zone. I guess they were trying to keep our bigs from being effective which they did a fairly good job at as evidenced by Miller and Brimah's fouls and lack of production. Their guards were playing so tight to the foul line that little space in the zone to attack was almost non-existent. They were practically begging us to try to shoot over it which thankfully Gibbs and Purvis did to great effect. Against a good matchup zone with long athletic guards playing up on the shooters it won't be so easy to shoot over them. I would like to have seen us attack the zone better by flashing Hamilton, Miller and Facey into the foul line area to either take that mid range jumper or pass out of it as it collapses on them. But, their guards were almost standing on the foul line so that made that method tough. As others have said, we still scored 85 points so what we did worked in this game.

C

Chief00

Hopefully that will be our message this year to our opponents - pick your poison. We should have answers against various defenses quite frankly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom