#8 Texas @ #4 Florida State: the opening act | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#8 Texas @ #4 Florida State: the opening act

Reaction Score
Wow what a collapse by FSU in the 4th quarter. Outscored 22-9 with 16 seconds left. What happened??
Texas woke up, mostly McCarty. Neither team shooting worth a damn tonight, lots of turnovers, lots of fouls.

Q4 over, tied. ESPN is delaying the start of our game til 9:15

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
What on earth was Higgs doing not covering Romero like a blanket. I mean, that is up there with dumbest things I've ever seen.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Worst throw in defense in history. Texas deserves to lose.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What an exciting game. Great come back by Texas, but lots of grit by FSU to come back and send the game to OT. Great game for fans of WCBB...

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I missed the last 7 minutes of the 4Q because I had to run an errand and I didn't want to miss any of UConn.

I see that Texas roared back and took the lead and then gave up a 3 to send to OT. Why did they not foul when up 3?

Reaction Score
THIS IS TORTURE!!!! WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY DOING? Texas REFUSES to put this game away. How is that ball NOT in McCarty's hands?????

Plebe

Reaction Score
Gotta hand it to Texas. How much adversity did they overcome in this game? Bad shooting, couldn't keep FSU off the offensive glass, rashes of turnovers, mental errors galore, and four players fouled out. Yet somehow they found a way to win.

If she hadn't done so already, McCarty surely turned heads among All-American voters: 29 points on 11-of-16 shooting (5-of-8 from 3), 8 assists.

Texas has now beaten #2 Baylor and #4 FSU on back-to-back Mondays, both on the road. Impressive.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sorry for UT-FSU eating into so much of your time. At least you were on another ESPN channel. Texas looked awful, but somehow won thanks to little Brooke's terrific play. It's tight now between you and South Carolina, but you will be comfortably ahead soon I'm sure.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Sorry for UT-FSU eating into so much of your time. At least you were on another ESPN channel. Texas looked awful, but somehow won thanks to little Brooke's terrific play. It's tight now between you and South Carolina, but you will be comfortably ahead soon I'm sure.

Win or lose, it's a great spectacle for women's basketball. Serendipitous that the game for #100 is a Big Monday game vs. a great team.

Reaction Score
Now that was not Texas A Game, and they still beat the No.4 Team in the Nation.On their Home Floor.Keep working Texas.
You got something going.I would hate to consistly see their A Game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Now that was not Texas A Game, and they still beat the No.4 Team in the Nation.On their Home Floor.Keep working Texas.
You got something going.I would hate to consistly see their A Game.

You're not kidding. It was McCarty's A+ game and everyone else's C or D game.

Reaction Score
What was FSU thinking toward the end? Sure they were missing key players, but still....

Overall, there were lots of chowderhead plays on both sides, but it sure was exciting.

Reaction Score
This was a difficult game to watch. Again , the officiating was terrible. And, after watching both of these teams several times, my take is they are both just so INCONSISTENT. But, then again , that is the true problem with wcbb right now. The games are all more entertaining than even just a couple of years ago. Decision making by both players and coaches still need vast improvement. Perhaps the biggest INCONSISTENCY is the officiating in my mind !

Reaction Score
If either team had made their FTs, the game would have been over in regulation time!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom