8 PM EST ESPN2 LYNX At FEVER GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
4! The Fever will going for the WNBA Championship
while the Lynx will be playing to extend the series
to a game 5 at home!!

I believe the Lynx with Maya,Augustus,Whalen,Brunson
and a deeper bench will come to play and force a game 5!

For those who watched the game,it was really ugly if you were
a Lynx fan!

Who wins the Lynx or Fever?
Ira

Reaction Score
Gets me nervous. I'm rooting for the Lynx, but Indy is playing really, really well and Minny is not. Don't know if I'll watch or just out of the corner of one eye.

I'll put my money on the Fever. That way I won't be disappointed no matter who wins. ;)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Rooting for the Lynx but definitely favoring Indy in this one. They have been on a roll throughout the playoffs. Maya had that look like she absolutely seething inside sitting on the bench in the 4th qtr, so we'll see what her competitive spirit brings tonight.

When's the last time she was on a team that was down 37 pts? I'll bet never. If Maya goes down tonight, she goes down swinging.

Reaction Score
Lindsay Whalen must get to and command the middle of the floor offensively allowing the fexibility to go to either side and enough space to swing back to the weak side.
As stated previously, Minnesota has to become Maya's team. Make Maya the first option, then look for Seimone.
Defensively, put a body on Larkins, everything else should work out. Zellous is not likely to go for another 30.
That said, this may just be Catchings' time, and there is little anyone can do about it. Indiana, obviously, matches up quite well with Minnesota even without Katie Douglas. They have been quite impressive.

Reaction Score
Well, I started off just hoping that the Lynx didn't blow the Fever off the floor so that we'd have some basketball to watch. Now, I think the Fever are playing well and I think they deserve it. I think Reeve is getting out-coached.

I don't really agree that Maya should be the first option offensively. I think Seimone has shown that she deserves to be the first option. As much as Reeve's jacket tossing has been cited as the reason for the Lynx' game 2 win, it was Seimone who put the points on the board. I think Maya has to take over the team, though, but from the standpoint of her all-around game: playing hard, making good decisions and playing good defence. Maya needs to set the tone with her energy, and then the Lynx' superior talent will do the rest.

I also think that Maya needs to want to get into the lane more before she can be made the focal point of the offence. I saw an earlier playoff game and Maya was absolutely on fire from long range and Reeve told Whalen to tell Maya to 'stop settling for 3's'. At the time, I thought that was stupid generic (I'm-just-gunna-say-what-Geno-said) advice: if someone has the hot hand, leave them the h$ll alone and let them bury those 3-balls till the cows come home. Maya needs to put her stamp on this game and then the Lynx will win. She can do it with energy and defence or by scoring in the lane (I think these are the more surefire options) or she can get hot from long distance. Either way, I think Maya can make the difference. (And I don't mean to single Maya out, except in a good way, that she is the player with the TALENT to make a difference).

I hope this is a good game. And I really hope the refs don't let it get too physical.

Reaction Score
Moose, I do not disagree with anything you prescribe. However, Maya is not as physically dominant at this level, and she has a weak handle, so getting to the lane consistently is not ever easy for her.

Minnesota being the more physical team is likely to be on the short end of a game that is called too closely. My only hope for the officiating is that it remain consistent throughout the game.

Reaction Score
Moose, I do not disagree with anything you prescribe. However, Maya is not as physically dominant at this level, and she has a weak handle, so getting to the lane consistently is not ever easy for her.

Minnesota being the more physical team is likely to be on the short end of a game that is called too closely. My only hope for the officiating is that it remain consistent throughout the game.

Yeah, everyone keeps saying that MN is the more physical team. I guess I would've thought the Lynx will be able to run their offence a bit better if the refs forced the Fever to layoff a bit.

Douglas is suiting up for the game - if she were to play that would be an interesting new wrinkle for this series (or maybe she's not quite ready yet and it's just a fake-out tactic).

This playoff series has been SO good... and this game is going to be great because the Lynx are going to be so fired up!

LET THE GAME BEGIN!

Reaction Score
End of the first quarter: IND 25 - MN 18.
  • Lindsay Whalen scoring on some drives. A better game from her.
  • The game being called very tight. Some foul trouble: January (2), Maya (2?), Phillips with a T.
  • Indiana scoring in transition.
  • Augustus ice-cold form the floor. I think she's missed all her shots.
  • Maya hit a 3.

Reaction Score
Whalen is taking over this team. Maya with three fouls before the half, on the bench.

Lynx is now only one point back, but Catchings is shooting free throws. Oh, well.

Reaction Score
Yip, no one can stop Whalen getting into the lane or getting into the lane and dishing. Seimone getting in there too, with a much better Q2 for her.

IND 45 - MN 42

Reaction Score
I did a double take when I checked the box score. The Lynx are shooting better (41%) than the Fever (38%). Whalen made a difference.

Reaction Score
I'm so frustrated watching this game because if you remove Seimone's excessive number of shots/misses, I think the Lynx would be ahead.

She really has been such a ball hog tonight (she usually is not, but tonight, I keep screaming for her to be removed from the game), especially when you consider how completely off she is.

Reaction Score
After Catchings, Indiana's roster is a pile of trash without Douglas. I have no idea how the Lynx are struggling so much with this team.

Reaction Score
Seimone's out of control selfishness is a bigger pile of trash. I honestly cannot believe how she literally is not even bothering to make a single pass as soon as she gets the ball.

She is 3-20/21, and the only play she seems capable of is taking a shot. And it happens each time her teammates cuts the lead to 2-3 points!

I seriously am ready to punch the tv watching her.

Reaction Score
Seimone's out of control selfishness is a bigger pile of trash. I honestly cannot believe how she literally is not even bothering to make a single pass as soon as she gets the ball.

She is 3-20/21, and the only play she seems capable of is taking a shot. And it happens each time her teammates cuts the lead to 2-3 points!

I seriously am ready to punch the tv watching her.
yeah, I know. I'd like to take back what I said before the game that SA needs to be the first option. Yikes.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
After Catchings, Indiana's roster is a pile of trash without Douglas. I have no idea how the Lynx are struggling so much with this team.
That pile of trash has been beating the tar out of the 3 Olympian team - with all three on the All WNBA teams. Indiana only had 1 -Tamika. Indiana has played well AS A TEAM both offensively and defensively. Without Katie, they have been forced to spread the offense around and it has made the Fever more dangerous in my opinion. Larkins, January, Zellous and Phillips have played great.

I will say Indiana has been the benefactor of a few calls tonight. I would love to see Maya win it again, but being from the Indy area, I won't hate seeing Indiana win it for Tamika, Katie, and Stephanie White. If any person in the WNBA DESERVES a title, it is Tamika.

Reaction Score
Great to see Tamika win a title-no other player in the W has deserved it as much throughout their career!

Reaction Score

One cannot disagree. I am still scratching my head trying to figure out how Indiana won/Minnesota lost.

Reaction Score
No confetti? They just won the WNBA Championship and they can't even give them confetti? wow.

Reaction Score
champagne.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member